Broadway's Musical Battle-of-the-Sexes: Lysistrata Jones
* Additional fees apply.
Turn any event into a gift that's…
Can be sent via email or mail.
Experiences that create memories make the greatest gifts.
Select Your Date
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Bill Dorgeloh
view more less of this review
It was OK for a high school musical. It jumped around so that the characters didn't get developed. Why didn't they win any games? They made all their baskets. There was no reason for them not to win, so they could have worked to improve. They were just all running around singing. Nonsense.
Quotes & Highlights
- "A winning musical. ... Deeply moving while also triggering laughs and nods of recognition via its witty dialogue and lyrics." — <a target="_blank" href="http://www.ocregister.com/articles/lysistrata-602466-jones-flinn.html"><em>Orange County Register</em></a>
- "A slam-dunk" — <a target="_blank" href="http://www.broadwayworld.com/los-angeles/article/BWW-Reviews-Fun-West-Coast-Premiere-of-LYSISTRATA-JONES-Is-A-Slam-Dunk-at-OCs-Chance-Theater-20140225#.UxDmhIW3vJ2"><em>Broadway World</em></a>
- "Comes to life in all its comedic sexuality" — <a target="_blank" href="http://showmag.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=289:lysistrata-jones&catid=1:theater&Itemid=3">ShowMag.com</a>
- "A laugh-riot" — <a target="_blank" href="http://www.sandiegostory.com/lysistrata-jones-plays-with-a-classic-at-orange-countys-chance-theatre/">San Diego Story </a>
- "A cast of some of Southern California’s most gifted young triple-threats giving audiences their endlessly energetic all." — <a target="_blank" href="http://www.stagescenela.com/2014/02/lysistrata-jones/">StageSceneLA </a>
This show is recommended for audiences 13 and older.
About the Ticket Supplier: Chance Theater
Proud to be one of the leading ensemble-based contemporary theatre companies in Southern California, CHANCE THEATER recently received the Ovation Award for Best Musical (Intimate Theatre) and a Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle Awards for its Southern California premiere of “Jerry Springer: The Opera.” Twice named “Outstanding Arts Organization” by Arts Orange County, Chance Theater is also a recipient of the Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle’s Polly Warfield Award for Excellence. Founded in 1999, Chance Theater is focused on its goal of being Orange County’s premiere mid-size contemporary ensemble theater. As a constituent member of Theatre Communications Group, Network of Ensemble Theaters, and the LA Stage Alliance, Chance Theater continues to bring national attention to the Southern California and Orange County theater scenes.