STOMP: The International Percussion Sensation at The Grove of Anaheim
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for STOMP have expired.
The last date listed for STOMP was Wednesday April 14, 2010 / 8:00pm.
Currently at City National Grove of Anaheim:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
She was just a small-town girl, living in a lonely world ... until arriving on the Sunset Strip circa 1987, where she meets a big-city boy. Nominated for five 2009 Tony Awards including Best Musical and called "insanely fun" by Time Out New York, the Broadway smash hit Rock of Ages follows two teens with big dreams and even bigger hair as they face speed bumps on the road to love, set to the music of Journey, Night Ranger, Styx, REO Speedwagon, Pat Benatar and more. This hilarious, high-energy production includes such classic '80s hits as "Don't Stop Believin'," "We Built This City," "The Final Countdown," "Wanted Dead or Alive," "Here I Go Again," "Can't Fight This Feeling" and "I Want to Know What Love Is." You won't want to miss this awesomely fun show about dreaming big, playing loud and partying on. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Lady DianeRed Velvet
view more less of this review
The talent was tremendous, the energy amazing. The seating in the entire venue (The Grove of Anaheim) however was unsatisfactory. Rows are not leveled, so if someone taller was sitting infront of you, tough luck. Expect to crane your neck all performance long.
Quotes & Highlights
- Visit <a target="_blank" href="http://www.stomponline.com/index-us.php">the official <em>STOMP</em> web site</a> for more information and videos about the performance.
- “<em>STOMP</em> is as crisp and exuberant as if it had opened yesterday.” --<em>The New York Times</em>
- “<em>STOMP</em> has a beat that just won’t quit!” --<em>The San Francisco Chronicle</em>
- “Electrifying! Triumphs in the infinite variety of the human experience.” --<em>The Los Angeles Times</em>
- “A phenomenal show! Bashing, crashing, smashing, swishing, banging and kicking – a joyous invention!” --<em>The Chicago Tribune </em>
STOMP, an overwhelming success marked by rave reviews, numerous awards, and sell-out engagements, is the winner of an Olivier Award for Best Choreography (London's Tony Award), a New York Obie Award, a Drama Desk Award for Unique Theatre Experience, and a Special Citation from Best Plays. The young performers “make a rhythm out of anything we can get our hands on that makes a sound,” says co-creator/director Luke Cresswell. Stiff-bristle brooms become a sweeping orchestra; Zippo lighters flip open and closed to create a fiery fugue; wooden poles thump and clack in a rhythmic explosion. STOMP uses everything but conventional percussion instruments – trashcans, tea chests, plastic bags, plungers, boots, and hubcaps – to fill the stage with compelling and infectious rhythms.
STOMP is directed and created by Luke Cresswell and Steve McNicholas.