Part 2: The Laramie Project: Ten Years Later, in Rep With Part 1
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Part 2: The Laramie Project: Ten Years Later have expired.
The last date listed for Part 2: The Laramie Project: Ten Years Later was Sunday May 19, 2013 / 7:00pm.
Currently at Chance Theater:
- Full Price:
- $37.00 - $45.00
- Our Price:
- $18.50 - $22.50
The Secret Garden is a holiday treat for children and adults alike. An orphaned girl leaves India to live on her uncle's estate in England. There she discovers a locked garden, and her persistence in finding its key uncovers a startling secret. Francis Hodgson Burnett's cherished 1911 children's book comes vibrantly to life in this Tony Award-winning musical celebration of love and family, adapted by Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Marsha Norman. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- "You won’t have a finer intimate theater experience in the OC than at the Chance. Director extraordinaire Nguyen has taken a script made up only of its characters’ spoken words and transformed it into a striking piece of dramatic theater, working in collaboration with his eight outstanding actors and a design team who make The Laramie Project: 10 Years Later look as thrilling as it plays." --StageSceneLA
- "Haunting. Painful. And strangely life affirming. This cast should present it to kids across America so we learn how to treat everyone with kindness and respect." --Theatermania
- "The ensemble is superb." --Arts in LA
- "Brilliant performances … A powerful, thought-provoking and unique theater experience." --Coast Magazine
- "The eight actors on the Chance stage bring remarkable attention and conviction to their dozens of roles, guided by director Oanh Nguyen. Not for a moment does this production have a been-there-done-that feeling." --LA Stage Times
This listing is for Part 2. Please see the separate listing for Part 1: The Laramie Project.
This production is for mature audiences as it contains strong language and subject matter. This play (and its companion piece) contain hate speech that may be inappropriate for children under 13.
About the Ticket Supplier: Chance Theater
Proud to be one of the leading ensemble-based contemporary theatre companies in Southern California, CHANCE THEATER recently received the Ovation Award for Best Musical (Intimate Theatre) and a Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle Awards for its Southern California premiere of "Jerry Springer: The Opera." Twice named "Outstanding Arts Organization" by Arts Orange County, Chance Theater is also a recipient of the Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle's Polly Warfield Award for Excellence. Founded in 1999, Chance Theater is focused on its goal of being Orange County's premiere mid-size contemporary ensemble theater. As a constituent member of Theatre Communications Group, Network of Ensemble Theaters, and the LA Stage Alliance, Chance Theater continues to bring national attention to the Southern California and Orange County theater scenes.