I Do! I Do!: The Story of a Marriage From Different Pespectives
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for I Do! I Do! have expired.
The last date listed for I Do! I Do! was Saturday August 17, 2013 / 8:00pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $45.00 - $99.00
- Our Price:
- $27.00 - $59.00
"What a Feeling" it is. Thirty years after the film about a young welder with dreams of becoming a professional dancer hit the big screen, Flashdance -- The Musical brings the inspiring story to the stage. Featuring all the hit songs (including the Oscar-winning title track), plus 16 brand new tunes, this high-energy production follows Alex, a "steel town girl on a Saturday night," as she pursues her dance dreams. Just when it seems she's going to make it, a wrong-side-of-the-tracks romance with her boss threatens to derail her goals. This adaptation of the movie that taught women to rock leg warmers includes the Grammy-winning soundtrack smashes "Maniac," "Gloria," "Manhunt" and "I Love Rock 'n' Roll." Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Constance C Jones
view more less of this review
A very successful adaptation of the original musical for today's varied marriages - the four-member cast seamlessly changes between a heterosexual couple, a gay couple, and a lesbian couple while recounting the story of a marriage. The cast does a splendid job making the changes smooth and believable. It's well acted, well directed, and well sung. The audience - and I - had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed the play and its funny, thoughtful, and sentimental moments. I would give it five stars were it not for the location that is not conducive to taking public transportation!
Quotes & Highlights
- "Marshall uses his expanded cast like a Rubik’s Cube, clicking effortlessly from one permutation to the other throughout the two-hour condensation of a 50-year alliance"--DC Theatre Scene (Recommended!)
- "A must-see for anyone who wants to celebrate marriage in all its forms."--Arlington Connection
- "Director Jack Marshall has reimagined the two-character musical I Do! I Do! for American Century Theater in Arlington, Virginia, in a way both surprising and natural."--Talkin' Broadway
- "A very satisfying and challenging show ... all the actors are splendid ... disarmingly powerful and poignant."--D.C. Metro Theater Arts (Five Stars)
- "It works!"--Arlington News Network
About the Ticket Supplier: American Century Theater
The American Century Theaters mission is to promote 20th century theater as a vital part of our cultural dialogue. Their mission is based on the firm conviction that this theatrical repertoire -- influential and critically acclaimed dramas, comedies, and teleplays first produced during what Henry Luce called the American Century -- portrays a uniquely American vision that is vital to our shared cultural heritage.