International Percussion Sensation STOMP at The Fox Theatre
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for STOMP was Sunday March 6, 2011 / 6:00pm.
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Goldstar Member
view more less of this review
I attended "Stomp" last evening at the Fox Theatre and it was a fabulous event. There was so much talent on the stage and the fact that the performers engaged the audience was stellar. I would highly recommend this show to anyone. The discounted ticket made the show that much more enjoyable and I was really impressed with the seat I received at such a great price!
star this review starred report as inappropriate
I really loved the show and was blown away by everything. The seats were absolutley fantastic! Really felt like they were some of the best seats for that kind of show! Love the Fox Theatre and everything they offer, and for all that comes with...continued
Quotes & Highlights
“STOMP finds beautiful noises in the strangest places.” —USA Today
“As hot as ever! STOMP has a beat that just won’t quit! STOMP can’t be beat! Infectious, inventive pulse-pounding entertainment! A roaring good time!” —San Francisco Chronicle
“STOMP_ is as fresh and fun as ever. It’s really something to holler about.” —_The Los Angeles Times
“If you haven’t seen STOMP_, GO! If you have seen it, take someone and share the pleasure!” —_Boston Globe
“STOMP_ remains a frisky, exuberant, and highly contagious entertainment.” —_Boston Herald
STOMP is explosive, provocative, sophisticated, sexy, utterly unique and appeals to audiences of all ages. The international percussion sensation has garnered an armful of awards and rave reviews, and has appeared on numerous national television shows. The eight-member troupe uses everything but conventional percussion instruments — matchboxes, wooden poles, brooms, garbage cans, Zippo lighters, hubcaps — to fill the stage with magnificent rhythms.*
- Olivier Award for Best Choreography
- Obie Award
- Drama Desk Award for Unique Theatre Experience, Special Citation in Best Plays
- 1996 Cannes Film Festival Nomination for “Best Live Action Short”
- 1996 Academy Award Nomination for “Best Live Action Short”
- 1998 Emmy Award for “Outstanding Multi-Camera Picture Editing for a Miniseries, Movie, or Special”
- 1998 Emmy Award Nominations for “Outstanding Art Direction for Variety or Music Program,” “Outstanding Direction for Variety or Music Program,” “Outstanding Sound Mixing for Variety, Music Series, or Special”