International Percussion Sensation STOMP at The Fox Theatre
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for STOMP have expired.
The last date listed for STOMP was Sunday March 6, 2011 / 6:00pm.
Most Popular Dance Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
The familiar tale of "happily ever after" gets a joyful retelling in Gwinnett Ballet Theatre's production of Cinderella. You'll feel as if you've stepped into the pages of an enchanted storybook when you experience the beauty of the breathtaking dance, colorful costumes and Respighi's music. Sprinkled with a charming dose of humor, and old favorites like the Fairy Godmother and handsome prince, this new production of an old favorite will bring the story to life as you've never seen it before. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Goldstar Member
view more less of this review
I attended "Stomp" last evening at the Fox Theatre and it was a fabulous event. There was so much talent on the stage and the fact that the performers engaged the audience was stellar. I would highly recommend this show to anyone. The discounted ticket made the show that much more enjoyable and I was really impressed with the seat I received at such a great price!
Quotes & Highlights
- “<em>STOMP</em> finds beautiful noises in the strangest places.” --<em>USA Today</em>
- “As hot as ever! <em>STOMP</em> has a beat that just won’t quit! <em>STOMP </em>can’t be beat! Infectious, inventive pulse-pounding entertainment! A roaring good time!” --<em>San Francisco Chronicle</em>
- “<em>STOMP</em> is as fresh and fun as ever. It’s really something to holler about.” --<em>The Los Angeles Times</em>
- “If you haven’t seen <em>STOMP</em>, GO! If you have seen it, take someone and share the pleasure!” --<em>Boston Globe</em>
- “<em>STOMP</em> remains a frisky, exuberant, and highly contagious entertainment.” --<em>Boston Herald</em>
STOMP is explosive, provocative, sophisticated, sexy, utterly unique and appeals to audiences of all ages. The international percussion sensation has garnered an armful of awards and rave reviews, and has appeared on numerous national television shows. The eight-member troupe uses everything but conventional percussion instruments -- matchboxes, wooden poles, brooms, garbage cans, Zippo lighters, hubcaps -- to fill the stage with magnificent rhythms.
- Olivier Award for Best Choreography
- Obie Award
- Drama Desk Award for Unique Theatre Experience, Special Citation in Best Plays
- 1996 Cannes Film Festival Nomination for “Best Live Action Short”
- 1996 Academy Award Nomination for “Best Live Action Short”
- 1998 Emmy Award for “Outstanding Multi-Camera Picture Editing for a Miniseries, Movie, or Special”
- 1998 Emmy Award Nominations for “Outstanding Art Direction for Variety or Music Program,” “Outstanding Direction for Variety or Music Program,” “Outstanding Sound Mixing for Variety, Music Series, or Special”