International Percussion Sensation STOMP at The Fox Theatre
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for STOMP have expired.
The last date listed for STOMP was Sunday March 6, 2011 / 6:00pm.
Currently at Fox Theatre:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
The Atlanta Ballet's Nutcracker extravaganza comes to glorious life on the sparkling stage at the Fox, complete with beautiful fairies, handsome princes, dancing snowflakes and a lovely young girl on her way to the Sugar Candy Kingdom. With choreography by John McFall and Tchaikovsky's delightful score played live by the Atlanta Ballet Orchestra, it's a traditional holiday treat that's been enchanting generations of Atlantans for more than 50 years. Adding to the excitement, the Georgia Youth Choir will be lending its talents to Act I's "Snow Scene," and for the first two weeks of the run, the mysterious Drosselmeyer will be played by master illusionist and America's Got Talent finalist Drew Thomas, bringing an extra touch of magic to the proceedings. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Goldstar Member
view more less of this review
I attended "Stomp" last evening at the Fox Theatre and it was a fabulous event. There was so much talent on the stage and the fact that the performers engaged the audience was stellar. I would highly recommend this show to anyone. The discounted ticket made the show that much more enjoyable and I was really impressed with the seat I received at such a great price!
Quotes & Highlights
- “STOMP finds beautiful noises in the strangest places.” --USA Today
- “As hot as ever! STOMP has a beat that just won’t quit! STOMP can’t be beat! Infectious, inventive pulse-pounding entertainment! A roaring good time!” --San Francisco Chronicle
- “STOMP is as fresh and fun as ever. It’s really something to holler about.” --The Los Angeles Times
- “If you haven’t seen STOMP, GO! If you have seen it, take someone and share the pleasure!” --Boston Globe
- “STOMP remains a frisky, exuberant, and highly contagious entertainment.” --Boston Herald
STOMP is explosive, provocative, sophisticated, sexy, utterly unique and appeals to audiences of all ages. The international percussion sensation has garnered an armful of awards and rave reviews, and has appeared on numerous national television shows. The eight-member troupe uses everything but conventional percussion instruments -- matchboxes, wooden poles, brooms, garbage cans, Zippo lighters, hubcaps -- to fill the stage with magnificent rhythms.
- Olivier Award for Best Choreography
- Obie Award
- Drama Desk Award for Unique Theatre Experience, Special Citation in Best Plays
- 1996 Cannes Film Festival Nomination for “Best Live Action Short”
- 1996 Academy Award Nomination for “Best Live Action Short”
- 1998 Emmy Award for “Outstanding Multi-Camera Picture Editing for a Miniseries, Movie, or Special”
- 1998 Emmy Award Nominations for “Outstanding Art Direction for Variety or Music Program,” “Outstanding Direction for Variety or Music Program,” “Outstanding Sound Mixing for Variety, Music Series, or Special”
About the Ticket Supplier: Theater of the Stars
Theater of the Stars is one of the oldest and most respected regional theaters in America. Since our founding in 1953, we have Produced or Presented over 700 productions in Atlanta, across the country, and around the world. Our mission today is the same as it was over fifty years ago — to Produce and Present the best of Broadway musicals.