International Percussion Sensation STOMP at The Fox Theatre
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for STOMP have expired.
The last date listed for STOMP was Sunday March 6, 2011 / 6:00pm.
Most Popular Dance Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $20.00 - $250.00
- Our Price:
- $10.00 - $125.00
This three-day celebration of all things neo-burlesque, vaudeville, variety and beyond offers shows, classes, workshops, a vendor expo and special events. The action starts Thursday with the Just Hatched Showcase, where baby burlesquers strut their stuff for the first time. Friday features The Free Range Burlesque International Showcase with legends like Penny Starr Sr., along with her award winning granddaughter Penny Starr, Jr. and the King of Burlesque, Mr. Exotic World 2013 Ray Gunn. Headlining the show will be the Queen of Burlesque, Miss Exotic World 2008 Angie Pontani. Saturday, dancers in The Southern Fried Burlesque Pageant compete for Queen and other titles, plus a farewell performance from the 2013 Southern Fried Burlesque Queen, Lola Le Soleil. The festivities come to a close with The Southern Scorcher Showcase, a homegrown performance featuring the best acts in the southeast, including Atlanta's own Ursula Undress. Attend the entire weekend event, choose a day or attend performances à la carte. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Goldstar Member
view more less of this review
I attended "Stomp" last evening at the Fox Theatre and it was a fabulous event. There was so much talent on the stage and the fact that the performers engaged the audience was stellar. I would highly recommend this show to anyone. The discounted ticket made the show that much more enjoyable and I was really impressed with the seat I received at such a great price!
Quotes & Highlights
- “<em>STOMP</em> finds beautiful noises in the strangest places.” --<em>USA Today</em>
- “As hot as ever! <em>STOMP</em> has a beat that just won’t quit! <em>STOMP </em>can’t be beat! Infectious, inventive pulse-pounding entertainment! A roaring good time!” --<em>San Francisco Chronicle</em>
- “<em>STOMP</em> is as fresh and fun as ever. It’s really something to holler about.” --<em>The Los Angeles Times</em>
- “If you haven’t seen <em>STOMP</em>, GO! If you have seen it, take someone and share the pleasure!” --<em>Boston Globe</em>
- “<em>STOMP</em> remains a frisky, exuberant, and highly contagious entertainment.” --<em>Boston Herald</em>
STOMP is explosive, provocative, sophisticated, sexy, utterly unique and appeals to audiences of all ages. The international percussion sensation has garnered an armful of awards and rave reviews, and has appeared on numerous national television shows. The eight-member troupe uses everything but conventional percussion instruments -- matchboxes, wooden poles, brooms, garbage cans, Zippo lighters, hubcaps -- to fill the stage with magnificent rhythms.
- Olivier Award for Best Choreography
- Obie Award
- Drama Desk Award for Unique Theatre Experience, Special Citation in Best Plays
- 1996 Cannes Film Festival Nomination for “Best Live Action Short”
- 1996 Academy Award Nomination for “Best Live Action Short”
- 1998 Emmy Award for “Outstanding Multi-Camera Picture Editing for a Miniseries, Movie, or Special”
- 1998 Emmy Award Nominations for “Outstanding Art Direction for Variety or Music Program,” “Outstanding Direction for Variety or Music Program,” “Outstanding Sound Mixing for Variety, Music Series, or Special”