Getting Paid to Talk -- An Introduction to Voice-Over
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Getting Paid to Talk -- An Introduction to Voice-Over have expired.
The last date listed for Getting Paid to Talk -- An Introduction to Voice-Over was Thursday October 17, 2013 / 7:00pm.
Currently at Mad River Bar and Grille:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Do people tell you that you have a great voice? From audio books and cartoons to documentaries, commercials and more, there are many opportunities to get paid for using that voice! This two-hour class is an introduction to the ever-growing field of voice-over work. Learn what the pros look for, how to prepare, and where to find work in your area. Get the scoop on the ins and outs of the industry so you can navigate it with ease. You'll also get to listen to actual recorded samples from working professionals, and even have an opportunity to record a short professional script of your own under the direction of the instructor, with feedback. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Getting Paid To Talk is a two-hour upbeat and realistic introduction to voice-overs, also known as voice acting. During the seminar, your instructor will discuss:
* The different types of voice-overs
* What it’s like to work in the studio
* Voice types that are in demand
* Where to look for work opportunities close to you
* Effective demo development and examples
* Industry pros and cons
* Everyone in the class will also have an opportunity to record a short Voice Over for playback at the end of class. Your instructor will also be more than happy to offer you some basic voice feedback at the completion of the class.
Who should attend this seminar:
* Designed specifically for adults, though older children are welcome with parental accompaniment
* A great seminar for anyone who has been told they have a good voice
* Those who use their voices prominently in their occupations
* People with music or theater background
* Anyone who is interested in how voice-overs work and how people get started.
About the Ticket Supplier: Professionals in the City
Professionals in the City is a socializing and networking organization that offers professionals in major cities an opportunity to unwind, have fun, and meet people who share their interests outside of the workplace.