See This Year's "Best Play" With Berkeley Rep's 3-Show Package: 2 Hit Comedies & a Love Story
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Berkeley Repertory Theatre 3-Show Subscription have expired.
The last date listed for Berkeley Repertory Theatre 3-Show Subscription was Friday October 18, 2013 / 8:00pm (Plus December 20, 2013 & April 4, 2014).
Currently at Berkeley Repertory Theatre:
- Full Price:
- $15.00 - $20.00
- Our Price:
- $7.50 - $10.00
Come see where the theater pros go to play on their night off. PlayGround, the Bay Area's leading playwright incubator, identifies a select group of the Bay Area's best emerging professional playwrights and asks them to submit original ten-page plays -- all on a pre-determined single topic. From those submissions, six short works are chosen for staged readings to be performed by leading local directors and actors each month. Pre-show discussions provide further insight into the chosen topic, the writers' processes and more. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Goldstar Member
view more less of this review
The script for this play is good by not great so for it to work you need a terrific cast. I felt like this cast was the B team and not up to the task. The generous Berkeley audience laughed easily which exacerbated the problem with the lack of projection by the actors making it impossible to hear many lines. Seeing this play left me wanting to see a good comedy and a good production of Chekov. This one just didn’t hit the mark.
When you get your ticket package, you reward yourself with:
* Substantial savings not found elsewhere
* Exchange your tickets for another Goldstar performance of the same play — absolutely free! In fact, you can exchange for any other performance of the same play, but if you request a more expensive performance or seat, you will be charged the difference in ticket price. No fees! Exchanges can be made online, on a seat-available basis, until midnight before your scheduled performance.
Plus these valuable advantages:
* Arguably the best cafe counter in the theatre world, featuring nicely priced sweets and savories, plus show-inspired specialty cocktails. Feel free to bring your drinks into the theatre!
* Dibs on tickets to special events.
* Savings and/or priority seating for guest tickets so you can bring friends -- make it a theatre party. You pay no service charges, and you can exchange these tickets as needed.
* Discounts and offers at a variety of restaurants around the theatre.
* A lovely courtyard where you can relax before the show and during intermission, weather permitting.
* Dibs on tickets to special events. Previous subscriber exclusives included Mikhail Baryshnikov, Robin Williams, and David Sedaris, as well as Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen in No Man’s Land.
Note: This offer is available only to first-time subscribers to Berkeley Repertory Theatre and is not retroactive.
About the Ticket Supplier: Berkeley Repertory Theatre
Known for its amazing and adventurous audience, the nonprofit has provided a home for emerging and established artists since 1968. With two stages and a Tony Award for Outstanding Regional Theatre, Berkeley Rep premieres exhilarating new plays and reimagined classics. In the last five years alone, the company has helped send five shows to Broadway: Green Day's American Idiot, Bridge & Tunnel, In the Next Room (or the vibrator play), Passing Strange and Wishful Drinking. Come see tomorrow's plays today at Berkeley Rep.
Berkeley Rep operates two performance spaces: the Roda Theatre, a state-of-the-art 600-seat proscenium theatre, and the intimate, 400-seat Thrust Stage. The Theatre is located in the heart of downtown Berkeley's arts district, just a half block from the Berkeley BART station, near lots of restaurants, cafe, pubs, and cool retailers.