Billy Elliot the Musical: Broadway Hit Won 10 Tony AwardsBoston Opera House (539 Washington Street Boston, MA 02111)
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Billy Elliot the Musical have expired.
The last date listed for Billy Elliot the Musical was Sunday August 19, 2012 / 6:30pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $25.00 - $90.00
- Our Price:
- $12.50 - $54.00
The praise for Sir Tom Stoppard's masterpiece Arcadia could not be more effusive. A reviewer from The Daily Telegraph gushed, "I have never left a play more convinced that I had just witnessed a masterpiece." Whereas The Independent wondered if it might be "the greatest play of its time." The reason for such enthusiasm might be found in Stoppard's uncanny blend of brainy discussion and down-to-earth emotion. In this play alive with ideas -- about Byron, entropy, history and heat -- the human characters are never lost or diminished, but somehow made more real by their participation in a conversation that seems to span centuries. Set in a sprawling English country house, Arcadia moves between the 19th century and the present through a series of love stories, while characters from both eras discover connections, unearth mysteries and unravel hidden truths. Artistic Director Carey Perloff helms the American Conservatory Theater's dazzling new production of this modern-day masterwork. Learn More
Goldstar Member Tips
Summer casual dress
You can park across the street for $12, easy exit also.
Food and drinks are very expensive but that's expected.
Reviews & Ratings
Report as inappropriate
Loud, fun musical about a boy during the British miners strike in the 1980's who preferred ballet to boxing. My 3 teenage boys and my wife loved the Elton John score; I liked it, but was more impressed by the dancing and the overall set/staging. The accents were not as difficult to follow as other reviewers have suggested, but I'd strongly recommend reading a full synopsis of the story before the show. The plot is quite predictable. For me the music was good but not memorable. What steals the show is truly the singing and dancing of young Billy. Overall, a very enjoyable performance.
More Information About Billy Elliot the Musical
Quotes & Highlights
- Visit the musical's website.
- “A stirring production!” --Boston Globe
- “Billy Elliot has all the right moves! A master class!” --Boston Herald
- “Love, love, love Billy Elliot! One of the most inspiring musicals of my life.” --JoycesChoices.com
- “Billy Elliot will win your heart!” --Patriot Ledger
- "Daldry and Darling's vibrant stagings grab hold from the start. "The Stars Look Down," razzle-dazzle girls' dance-class "Shine" and explosively evolving "Solidarity" introduce the eclectic dance forms. The eyes never rest as Billy's home and other sites unfold and slide in from the walls of Ian MacNeil's boldly drab union-hall set (expressively lit by Rick Fisher)."--San Francisco Chronicle
- "This touring production captures what Broadway audiences saw ..." --Variety
- Check out the Goldstar member reviews for the show's recent Los Angeles run.
The show runs 2 hours and 50 minutes, including intermission. Due to some mild language, it is recommended for audiences ages 8 and older.