Boston Harbor Island Cruise: History, Mysteries and More
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Boston Harbor Island Cruise have expired.
The last date listed for Boston Harbor Island Cruise was Sunday September 21, 2014 / 3:45pm.
Currently at Yacht Beacon:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Soak up the sights and hear the history surrounding Boston's Harbor Islands on this two-hour narrated cruise aboard an intimate '20s-style mini-yacht dubbed the Beacon. The knowledgeable crew will fill you on fascinating facts as you float by Fort Independence and Fort Warren, Spectacle Island, Long Island, Lovell's Island and many others, pointing out notable lighthouses, shipwreck sites, a mysterious sunken island and more. Enjoy it all from the open bow, back deck, or shaded mid-deck. Beer, wine and sparkling wine are available for purchase, while soda and water are included. Learn More
We parked at the International Parking Garage for $10! It was located right across the street from Rowes Wharf. Then we had dinner at Legals Test Kitchen, a very walkable distance, and the meal was supberb as was the service! Highly recommend!Boston Harbor Island Cruise info • Aug 18 2014 star this tip starred
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Goldstar MemberRed Velvet
view more less of this review
Beautiful trip, the crew (Ruthie and (?) Brannon) were friendly and informative, and the boat is a very nicely done reproduction of a classic yacht. The weather was perfect, and the Harbor Islands and inner harbor are fun and interesting.
Rowes wharf is a little confusing, make sure you arrive early to find where the boat leaves.
star this review starred report as inappropriate
I want to first of say that the Captain and Crew were very nice, and very friendly and hospitable. That being said, we were a little disappointed by this cruise. There are many different harbor cruises offered in Boston. This one claims to focus...continued
Highlights on this 2-hour cruise:
- A pass by Fort Independence, taking in views of Boston’s Seaport District along the way.
- See Spectacle Island and hear how she has been transformed from Ice Age to the Big Dig of Boston.
- Cruise by Long Island and see Long Island Head Light, a decommissioned lighthouse, but one of our nation’s first cast iron lighthouses.
- Check out the mysterious sunken island known as Nixes Mate.
- Also, on this two-hour cruise, you’ll see Fort Warren on George’s Island and hear about the mysterious woman in black.
- Other islands that will be seen on this trip are: Lovell’s Island that is famous for many shipwrecks, Gallops Island, Deer Island where Boston’s water treatment facility is stationed, and Rainsford Island.
- In the distance, you may be able to see Graves Lighthouse and Boston Light, the oldest lighthouse in America.
Alcoholic beverages (beer, wine and sparkling wine) are available for purchase ($5), while soda and water are complimentary. You may bring food aboard, please consider bringing a small packed picnic with you.
Wear comfortable, weather-appropriate clothing. We recommend light layers and flat shoes.
The Beacon is not ADA-compliant.