Boston Harbor Island Cruise: History, Mysteries and More
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for Boston Harbor Island Cruise was Sunday September 21, 2014 / 3:45pm.
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Lin Blank BellRed Velvet
view more less of this review
Wonderful narrated tour heading all the way to the South Shore and back including Charlestown with Old Ironsides -- such a treat to see it all from the water! Size of the Beacon is nice and intimate for a perfect experience.
star this review starred report as inappropriate
Beautiful trip, the crew (Ruthie and (?) Brannon) were friendly and informative, and the boat is a very nicely done reproduction of a classic yacht. The weather was perfect, and the Harbor Islands and inner harbor are fun and interesting. ...continued
Highlights on this 2-hour cruise:
- A pass by Fort Independence, taking in views of Boston’s Seaport District along the way.
- See Spectacle Island and hear how she has been transformed from Ice Age to the Big Dig of Boston.
- Cruise by Long Island and see Long Island Head Light, a decommissioned lighthouse, but one of our nation’s first cast iron lighthouses.
- Check out the mysterious sunken island known as Nixes Mate.
- Also, on this two-hour cruise, you’ll see Fort Warren on George’s Island and hear about the mysterious woman in black.
- Other islands that will be seen on this trip are: Lovell’s Island that is famous for many shipwrecks, Gallops Island, Deer Island where Boston’s water treatment facility is stationed, and Rainsford Island.
- In the distance, you may be able to see Graves Lighthouse and Boston Light, the oldest lighthouse in America.
Alcoholic beverages (beer, wine and sparkling wine) are available for purchase ($5), while soda and water are complimentary. You may bring food aboard, please consider bringing a small packed picnic with you.
Wear comfortable, weather-appropriate clothing. We recommend light layers and flat shoes.
The Beacon is not ADA-compliant.