Disney's Mary Poppins: Hit Broadway Musical at Boston Opera House
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Mary Poppins have expired.
The last date listed for Mary Poppins was Thursday March 17, 2011 / 7:30pm.
Currently at Boston Opera House:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Following an acclaimed sell-out tour of the United Kingdom, Cameron Mackintosh's spectacular new production of Andrew Lloyd Webber's phenomenal musical success is now embarking on a brand-new U.S. national tour. The soaring score features the memorable title tune, along with "Masquerade," "The Music of the Night" and "All I Ask of You." Hailed as "stunning, intense and spectacular" by the Sunday Express, this production features a brilliant new design by Paul Brown, costumes by Maria Björnson, new choreography by Scott Ambler and a new staging by director Laurence Connor. The production, overseen by Matthew Bourne and Cameron Mackintosh, boasts many exciting special effects, including the show's legendary chandelier. The Phantom of the Opera traces the tragic love triangle of a beautiful opera singer, her childhood love and the tortured masked genius who lives beneath the Paris Opera House. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Goldstar Member
view more less of this review
The musical was excellent! The singing was top-rate and the special effects and dance numbers were better than expected. My only warning is that the "mezzanine" seats are really "balcony" seats at the Opera House and they are very, very high up. While the view is not obstructed it is difficult to see the faces.
Quotes & Highlights
- "Family Entertainment of the highest order." -<a target="_blank" href="http://www.boston.com/ae/theater_arts/articles/2011/02/21/mary_poppins_nowhere_is_there_a_more_happier_crew/"><em>Boston Globe</em></a>
- “The high-flying spectacle, running on the rocket fuel of such memorable movie numbers as ‘A Spoonful of Sugar’ and ‘Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious,’ can’t help but be delightful.” --<a target="_blank" href="http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/culturemonster/2009/11/theater-review-mary-poppins-at-the-ahmanson-theatre.html#more"><em>Los Angeles Times</em></a>
- "An explosion of song, color and dance... <em>Mary Poppins</em> is the rare production that over-delivers at every level." --<a target="_blank" href="http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117941615.html?categoryid=33&cs=1"><em>Variety</em></a>
- "During its big, masterfully designed production numbers, <em>Poppins</em> weaves its own special brand of magic." --<a target="_blank" href="http://www.ocregister.com/entertainment/poppins-219559-mary-disney.html"><em>Orange County Register</em></a>
- "A great show! A perfect piece of musical theater." --Clive Barnes, <em>New York Post</em> (4/4 stars)
- "A fresh fountain of youth that makes many a grown-up feel like a kid again." --<em>USA Today</em>
- Read the <a target="_blank" href="http://www.goldstar.com/events/los-angeles-ca/mary-poppins.html?reviews=all">great reviews</a> from our members who saw the Los Angeles engagement of <em>Mary Poppins.</em>
From London to New York and around the world, more than 5 million people have experienced the supercalifragilistic hit Broadway musical that the Los Angeles Times calls "a high-flying spectacle." Based on one of the best-loved Disney movies of all time, Mary Poppins tells the irresistible story of the remarkable nanny who soars in on a magical breeze and changes a family forever.
The show features over-the-top production numbers to such beloved songs as "A Spoonful of Sugar," "Let's Go Fly a Kite," "Feed the Birds," "Step In Time," and, of course, "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious," You'll fall in love with the one musical that can make everyone believe in the magic.