Water by the Spoonful: Award-Winning Drama of War and Family
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Water by the Spoonful have expired.
The last date listed for Water by the Spoonful was Saturday November 16, 2013 / 8:00pm.
Currently at Lyric Stage Company of Boston:
- Full Price:
- $41.00 - $61.00
- Our Price:
- $20.50 - $30.50
Playwright Victoria Stewart was inspired by two very different figures -- CNBC personality Suze Orman and Victorian novelist Henry James -- when writing her latest, most probing play, Rich Girl. For despite their differences, both Orman and James share an obsession with money and Rich Girl explores that peculiarly American fascination with startling sensitivity and imagination. When the sheltered Claudine meets the penniless Henry, the two fall helplessly in love. But for Claudine's mother, a tough-talking celebrity finance guru, this happiest of happy coincidences is a cause for suspicion and worry. Inspired by the classic play and film The Heiress, this clever new comedy examines women and their relationships with men, mothers and moolah -- if not in exactly that order. Courtney O'Connor directs the show at the Lyric Stage Company of Boston. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- “Ms. Hudes writes with such empathy and vibrant humor ... that regeneration and renewal always seem to be just around the corner.” --<em>New York Times</em>
- "A beautiful, heartbreaking knockout of a play, as startling and innovative and human on the page as on the stage." --Junot Díaz, Pulitzer Prize-winning author of <em>Drown</em>
- "I’d strongly urge you to see this moving, well-acted production" --<em><a target="_blank" href="http://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/theater-art/2013/10/21/stirring-water-spoonful-lyric-stage/oO9K0VtLIcSyw6szUJ8GhL/story.html ">The Boston Globe </a></em>
- "This is a stunning, profoundly memorable production, nothing short of a dramatic triumph for The Lyric Stage." --<em><a target="_blank" href="http://southshorecritic.blogspot.com/2013/10/lyric-stages-water-by-spoonful-medicine.html ">South Shore Critic</a></em>
- " ... a stunning drama. Quiara Alegria Hudes is certainly a playwright to watch ... the actors are all quite wonderful!" —<em><a target="_blank" href="http://berkshirefinearts.com/10-21-2013_water-by-the-spoonful-poignant-at-lyricstage.htm ">Berkshire Fine Arts </a></em>
Written by Quiara Alegría Hudes
Directed by Scott Edmiston