Noir Stage Thriller Almost Blue Shocks and Surprises
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Almost Blue have expired.
The last date listed for Almost Blue was Saturday May 18, 2013 / 8:00pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
In this Pulitzer Prize and Tony Award-winning drama set in the Bronx in 1964, Sister Aloysius, the principal of a Catholic school in the borough, takes matters into her own hands when she suspects that young newcomer Father Flynn has sexually abused the school's only black student. As she wrestles with her doubts, she questions an idealistic young nun and the mother of the alleged victim, perhaps changing them forever. The 2008 film adaptation, starring Meryl Streep, Amy Adams, Viola Davis and Philip Seymour Hoffman, earned Oscar nominations for all four actors. This gripping drama about suspicion, scandal and the elusiveness of moral certainty stars Karen MacDonald. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Goldstar Member
view more less of this review
Charlestown Working Theater is a wonderful small venue where every seat is a good seat.
This noir thriller is truely a thriller with twists and bends throughout. The acting is amazing. The audience becomes
voyeur to intense confrontations between somewhat tawdry yet appealing residents in a rundown residential hotel.
star this review starred report as inappropriate
It is hard for me to rate my experience. On the positive side, the acting was worthy of a 5-star rating. On the negative side, the subject matter of the play was so depressing that I decided to leave at intermission. Considering the quality of...continued
_ Almost Blue _is inappropriate for those age 15 or younger.
About the Ticket Supplier: Theatre on FireTheatre on Fire exists to present socially relevant classic, contemporary and new productions of outstanding artistic merit, with an eye toward challenging preconceptions and re-examining the traditional.
Theatre on Fire:
* produces dynamic productions of classic and contemporary plays by both established and emerging playwrights
* instills appreciation of and participation in the theater arts through educational programs, school partnerships, and internships
* makes theatre accessible to everyone by keeping ticket prices low, offering student, senior and other discounts, and holding pay-what-you-can performances of every show
* cultivates an engaged, diverse and responsive audience
* encourages diversity throughout the organization and in the community