Noir Stage Thriller Almost Blue Shocks and Surprises
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Almost Blue have expired.
The last date listed for Almost Blue was Saturday May 18, 2013 / 8:00pm.
Currently at Charlestown Working Theater:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Theatre on Fire celebrates the 25th anniversary of the fourth and final season of the British comedy Blackadder by mounting a live production. Hilarious, snarky, occasionally poignant and with a dash of cross-dressing, the show brings the return of all your favorites: Baldrick, Melchett, George, Flash, a girl called Bob and more. Blackadder ranked #16 on the British Film Institute's list of 100 Greatest British Television Programmes, and helped launch the careers of Rowan Atkinson, Stephen Fry, Miranda Richardson and Hugh Laurie. Blackadder Goes Forth: Live! will be performed in two parts, either (or both) of which can be enjoyed on its own. They don't need to be seen in order to be fully enjoyed. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Goldstar Member
view more less of this review
Charlestown Working Theater is a wonderful small venue where every seat is a good seat.
This noir thriller is truely a thriller with twists and bends throughout. The acting is amazing. The audience becomes
voyeur to intense confrontations between somewhat tawdry yet appealing residents in a rundown residential hotel.
_ Almost Blue _is inappropriate for those age 15 or younger.
About the Ticket Supplier: Theatre on FireTheatre on Fire exists to present socially relevant classic, contemporary and new productions of outstanding artistic merit, with an eye toward challenging preconceptions and re-examining the traditional.
Theatre on Fire:
* produces dynamic productions of classic and contemporary plays by both established and emerging playwrights
* instills appreciation of and participation in the theater arts through educational programs, school partnerships, and internships
* makes theatre accessible to everyone by keeping ticket prices low, offering student, senior and other discounts, and holding pay-what-you-can performances of every show
* cultivates an engaged, diverse and responsive audience
* encourages diversity throughout the organization and in the community