Noir Stage Thriller Almost Blue Shocks and Surprises
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Almost Blue have expired.
The last date listed for Almost Blue was Saturday May 18, 2013 / 8:00pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $47.00 - $61.00
- Our Price:
- $11.75 - $30.50
Theatrical luminary Tony Kushner, the Pulitzer Prize-winning author of Angels in America and the brilliant libretto for Caroline, or Change, penned this delightful adaptation of Brundibar, a remarkable musical fable based on an opera that was first performed in the Czech concentration camp in which its original author was imprisoned. A fairytale opera about two children who must sing in the market to raise money for their ailing mother, Brundibar celebrates the triumph of the helpless over tyranny and the transformative power of art. Supplementing Brundibar is But the Giraffe, a brief Kushner-written companion piece about a young girl who has to make a tough choice. This show is produced by Underground Railway Theater. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Goldstar Member
view more less of this review
It is hard for me to rate my experience. On the positive side, the acting was worthy of a 5-star rating. On the negative side, the subject matter of the play was so depressing that I decided to leave at intermission. Considering the quality of the actors, I would attend another play at this site. I just urge the director to pick a more upbeat play. I am not asking for "Sound of Music". Having said that, it is tough listening to the main actor describe how he killed his daughter.
Almost Blue is inappropriate for those age 15 or younger.
About the Ticket Supplier: Theatre on Fire
Theatre on Fire exists to present socially relevant classic, contemporary and new productions of outstanding artistic merit, with an eye toward challenging preconceptions and re-examining the traditional.
Theatre on Fire:
* produces dynamic productions of classic and contemporary plays by both established and emerging playwrights
* instills appreciation of and participation in the theater arts through educational programs, school partnerships, and internships
* makes theatre accessible to everyone by keeping ticket prices low, offering student, senior and other discounts, and holding pay-what-you-can performances of every show
* cultivates an engaged, diverse and responsive audience
* encourages diversity throughout the organization and in the community