Noir Stage Thriller Almost Blue Shocks and Surprises
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Almost Blue have expired.
The last date listed for Almost Blue was Saturday May 18, 2013 / 8:00pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $41.00 - $61.00
- Our Price:
- $20.50 - $30.50
Playwright Victoria Stewart was inspired by two very different figures -- CNBC personality Suze Orman and Victorian novelist Henry James -- when writing her latest, most probing play, Rich Girl. For despite their differences, both Orman and James share an obsession with money and Rich Girl explores that peculiarly American fascination with startling sensitivity and imagination. When the sheltered Claudine meets the penniless Henry, the two fall helplessly in love. But for Claudine's mother, a tough-talking celebrity finance guru, this happiest of happy coincidences is a cause for suspicion and worry. Inspired by the classic play and film The Heiress, this clever new comedy examines women and their relationships with men, mothers and moolah -- if not in exactly that order. Courtney O'Connor directs the show at the Lyric Stage Company of Boston. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Goldstar Member
view more less of this review
Charlestown Working Theater is a wonderful small venue where every seat is a good seat.
This noir thriller is truely a thriller with twists and bends throughout. The acting is amazing. The audience becomes
voyeur to intense confrontations between somewhat tawdry yet appealing residents in a rundown residential hotel.
Almost Blue is inappropriate for those age 15 or younger.
About the Ticket Supplier: Theatre on FireTheatre on Fire exists to present socially relevant classic, contemporary and new productions of outstanding artistic merit, with an eye toward challenging preconceptions and re-examining the traditional.
Theatre on Fire:
* produces dynamic productions of classic and contemporary plays by both established and emerging playwrights
* instills appreciation of and participation in the theater arts through educational programs, school partnerships, and internships
* makes theatre accessible to everyone by keeping ticket prices low, offering student, senior and other discounts, and holding pay-what-you-can performances of every show
* cultivates an engaged, diverse and responsive audience
* encourages diversity throughout the organization and in the community