Anything Goes: Cole Porter's Lively Musical at the Cadillac Palace
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Anything Goes have expired.
The last date listed for Anything Goes was Thursday May 2, 2013 / 7:30pm.
Currently at Cadillac Palace Theatre:
- Full Price:
- $53.00 - $85.00
- Our Price:
- $49.00 - $69.00
Following an acclaimed sell-out tour of the United Kingdom, Cameron Mackintosh's spectacular new production of Andrew Lloyd Webber's phenomenal musical success is now embarking on a brand-new U.S. national tour. The soaring score features the memorable title tune, along with "Masquerade," "The Music of the Night" and "All I Ask of You." Hailed as "stunning, intense and spectacular" by the Sunday Express, this production features a brilliant new design by Paul Brown, costumes by Maria Björnson, new choreography by Scott Ambler and a new staging by director Laurence Connor. The production, overseen by Matthew Bourne and Cameron Mackintosh, boasts many exciting special effects, including the show's legendary chandelier. The Phantom of the Opera traces the tragic love triangle of a beautiful opera singer, her childhood love and the tortured masked genius who lives beneath the Paris Opera House. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Tom North
view more less of this review
A tremendous performance by rachael york as Reno Sweeney. Her timing and chemistry with three different male leads was impeccable. She's truly a triple threat, with outstanding acting, singing AND dancing! The tap number on the title song to end Act I was fantastic and the Garbiel, Blow That Horn number stopped the show with an extended ovation. A couple of the love songs dragged a bit, but not due to the actors, just seemed to be misplaced numbers. My only regret/issue would be with the Cadillac Theater and Goldstar. The front of the balcony was less than 20% full, yet the upper balcony was almost 100% full. Yet the ushers did not allow anyone to move down, even after intermission. Seems like they lose an opportunity to extend good will to theater goers at no charge, and I was surprised that Goldstar did not have any tickets available in those sections to purchase.
Quotes & Highlights
- "Not to be missed ... Leave Elmhurst, Wheaton, Naperville, Countryside or wherever you live, gussy up and come to the big city for this glamorous escapist evening with toe-tapping melodies, adroit comedians, and beautiful dancers." --Chicago Tribune
- "Pure theatrical champagne ... They don't make musicals like this anymore. It's got something for everyone ... including a stellar dancing chorus that erupts in eye-popping marathon numbers, one terrific song after the other. Most sensational company to work a Chicago stage in a very long time." --Chicago Sun-Times
- "Anything Goes is a bawdy, brassy good time featuring a delicious leading lady performance." --The Huffington Post
- "You'll get a kick outta this de-lightful, de-licious, de-lovely Broadway revival." --ABC7 Chicago
- “Rachel York embodies the role [of Reno Sweeney] with a wink and a purr. Her singing voice combines paint-peeling power with a luxe smoothness, like a ribbon of dark chocolate spiked with cayenne pepper.” —Cleveland.com
- See what Goldstar members who saw the show during its run at L.A.'s Ahmanson Theatre had to say about it.
Produced by Roundabout Theatre Company
Directed and Choreographed by Kathleen Marshall
When the S.S. American heads out to sea, etiquette and convention head out the portholes as two unlikely pairs set off on the course to true love… proving that sometimes destiny needs a little help from a crew of singing sailors, an exotic disguise and some good old-fashioned blackmail.
Cole Porter’s roundup of nostalgic hits in the production include “You’re the Top,” “Friendship,” “I Get a Kick Out of You,” “It’s De-Lovely,” “Blow, Gabriel, Blow” and, of course “Anything Goes.” Anything Goes is getting rave reviews across America.