Baby Wants Candy: Improvised Musical Based on Your Suggestions
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Baby Wants Candy have expired.
The last date listed for Baby Wants Candy was Friday October 25, 2013 / 10:30pm.
Currently at Apollo Theater - Mainstage:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
On December 4, 1956, a twist of fate brought Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins and Elvis Presley to Memphis' Sun Records. The rock 'n' roll musical Million Dollar Quartet was inspired by this famed recording session -- the first and only collaboration among these legendary icons, each of whom had such a major influence on American music. This thrilling production brings audiences inside the recording studio with the four major talents who came together as a red-hot band for one unforgettable night, and features such enduring hits as "Blue Suede Shoes," "Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On," "Great Balls of Fire" and "Hound Dog." A hit on Broadway, Million Dollar Quartet was nominated for 2010 Tony and Drama Desk Awards. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- "Featuring a talent-rich cast with experience in comedy and musical theater, Candy improvises a new musical from scratch with each performance... Developing an idea is the easy part, but the quickness with which everyone in the ensemble organizes around it, building upon it and expanding it, is truly amazing" --The New York Times
- "Best Visiting Comedy Show of the Year: Baby Wants Candy!" --TimeOutNY
- "Highly Recommended! Well Worth Seeing" --The Onion
- "Critics Choice" --Chicago Reader
- "Baby Wants Candy sets the bar so high that the world's greatest high-jumpers would have trouble Fosbury Flopping over it." --NY Press
- "They are an entertainment phenomenon" --Edinburgh's The Scotsman
BWC has featured several notable performers, including Rachel Dratch and Seth Meyers of Saturday Night Live, Stephnie Weir of MADtv, Nicole Parker of MADtv and the Broadway show Martin Short: Fame Becomes Me, Peter Gwinn of The Colbert Report, Jack McBrayer of 30 Rock, Al Samuels and Kevin Fleming of Sports Action Team, Garry W. Tallent of Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Mark Pender of The Max Weinberg 7 and Bruce Springsteen and the Seeger Sessions Band, and Johnny Pisano of the Jesse Malin Band and the Marky Ramone Band.
This show often contains adult language and content, and is recommended for ages 15 and older. Parental discretion is advised.
About the Ticket Supplier: Baby Wants Candy
Baby Wants Candy is a Chicago-based theater group that has amazed audiences around the world with our signature show, a completely improvised hour-long musical.
The Musical has rocked audiences all around the world. Truly every aspect of the musical is improvised: the plot and characters, the musical accompaniment; even the song lyrics and what we like to call the "choreography" are completely made up on the spot, with no pre-planned structure to help us. The result is a show that has been described as a cross between "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" and "The Simpsons." The show is always exciting, hilarious, and above all, fun!