Silent Comedy Troupe Bri-Ko - Clowning, Gags and Gadgetry
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Bri-Ko have expired.
The last date listed for Bri-Ko was Friday December 31, 2010 / Noon.
Currently at Stage 773:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
After a recent performance at Joe's Pub in New York City, last year's queer holiday hit We Three Lizas is back with a revamped book and expanded score. Box maker Conrad Ticklebottom's life has hit a stumbling block. At one time, his purple box sparked an entire movement in art and design, but now he's been forgotten and teetering on ruin. Just in the nick of time, the holidays bring three magical figures to his door -- a trio of Liza Minnellis -- to escort him on a fabulous journey through what-was, what-could-be and what-the-f*?!, redeeming his lost promise and reinventing a brand-new Conrad Ticklebottom. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- "The all-silent, G-rated Bri-Ko is proof that a group needs neither words nor adult content to be hysterical." --Time Out New York
- “Must-see” --Chicago Magazine
- “If I were you, I’d do everything in my power to get a ticket.” --Chicago Tribune
- "The stage is a treasure trove of hidden treasures and gimcrackery and the players inhabit it with zeal and gusto. Adults will be amused, kids will be downright flabbergasted." —Time Out Chicago, Critic's Pick
- "...in terms of originality, Bri-Ko has no local peer." —Chicago Tribune
- "...75 minutes of generally hilarious physical comedy...at a level all ages can appreciate..." —Chicago Reader
- "Bri-Ko pares everything down to make a wonderful concoction of mayhem and gleeful insanity." —Chicago Theatre Blog
An inventive adventure of clowning, gags and gadgetry, where the simplest tasks become elaborate, hilarious processes — without a word spoken.
All silent. All funny. In a Bri-Ko performance, the simplest tasks become inventive adventures of clowning, gags and gadgetry. The three performers enact silent scenes in which easy processes are made as difficult and elaborate as possible through sketch, acting and clowning. Bri-Ko’s appeal is universal. Anyone of almost any age, speaking any language, with any cultural background can understand and appreciate the show. It’s family-friendly, but not a children’s show: bring your kids or bring your date!
About the Ticket Supplier: Stage 773
The name Stage 773 expresses the company's mission to celebrate the richness, creativity, innovation and spirit of Chicago's off-loop theatre movement.