Silent Comedy Troupe Bri-Ko - Clowning, Gags and Gadgetry
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Bri-Ko have expired.
The last date listed for Bri-Ko was Friday December 31, 2010 / Noon.
Currently at Stage 773:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
- COMP - $7.50
Chicago has long been a hotbed for improv and sketch comedy, but you don't have to go to The Second City to find laughs. Some of Chicago's funniest performers can be found in places like Stage 773 with comedy troupe GULP! Productions' show, Improv After Hours. GULP!'s current show features a new theme each week. The troupe's original core team, which includes Thomas Einstein, Amber Linde, Marie Maloney and Jacob Welch, is joined by special guests with a variety of comedic chops, from musical improv to sketch comedy, clowning and puppetry. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- "The all-silent, G-rated Bri-Ko is proof that a group needs neither words nor adult content to be hysterical." --<em>Time Out New York</em>
- “Must-see” --<em>Chicago Magazine</em>
- “If I were you, I’d do everything in my power to get a ticket.” --<em>Chicago Tribune</em>
- "The stage is a treasure trove of hidden treasures and gimcrackery and the players inhabit it with zeal and gusto. Adults will be amused, kids will be downright flabbergasted." —<em>Time Out Chicago</em>, Critic's Pick
- "...in terms of originality, <em>Bri-Ko</em> has no local peer." —<a target="_blank" href="http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/theater/ct-live-1130-briko-review-20101130,0,1637147.story"><em>Chicago Tribune</em></a>
- "...75 minutes of generally hilarious physical comedy...at a level all ages can appreciate..." —<a target="_blank" href="http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/Event?oid=2761621"><em>Chicago Reader</em></a>
- "Bri-Ko pares everything down to make a wonderful concoction of mayhem and gleeful insanity." —<a target="_blank" href="http://chicagotheaterblog.com/2010/11/28/bri-ko-all-silent-all-funny-review-stage-773-chicago/">Chicago Theatre Blog</a>
An inventive adventure of clowning, gags and gadgetry, where the simplest tasks become elaborate, hilarious processes — without a word spoken.
All silent. All funny. In a Bri-Ko performance, the simplest tasks become inventive adventures of clowning, gags and gadgetry. The three performers enact silent scenes in which easy processes are made as difficult and elaborate as possible through sketch, acting and clowning. Bri-Ko’s appeal is universal. Anyone of almost any age, speaking any language, with any cultural background can understand and appreciate the show. It’s family-friendly, but not a children’s show: bring your kids or bring your date!