Global Groove Chicago Presents Chicago Samba, the Hot Brazilian Dance Band
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Chicago Samba have expired.
The last date listed for Chicago Samba was Friday March 25, 2011 / 9:30pm.
Currently at Chopin Theatre Mainstage:
- Full Price:
- $30.00 - $45.00
- Our Price:
- $20.00 - $31.50
The House Theatre of Chicago's The Nutcracker is a fantastical deconstruction of E.T.A. Hoffmann's time-honored holiday story, with lots of humor and heart -- and no ballet. This fresh theatrical interpretation centers on young Clara's journey to save Christmas. With the help of a magical nutcracker given to her by her beloved Uncle Drosselmeyer, she'll bravely fight the Rat King to save her family. This modern holiday production weaves together riveting dialogue, astonishing puppetry, original song and spellbinding imagery to tell a heartwarming story of love, loss and hope. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- Check out Chicago Samba's website.
Chicago Samba offers the authentic sounds of Brazil mixed with the flavor of carnaval. They play a unique mix of Brazilian popular song styles, including:
* Samba, the energetic national rhythm of Brazil
* Bossa Nova, a laid-back, seductive sound that merges jazzy melodies with the essence of the samba
beat (popularized by Antonio Carlos Jobim and songs like “The Girl from Ipanema”)
* Brazilian Jazz, under the influence of American Jazz, this the newest style of world music.
* Olodum, an rhythm-heavy, Afro-Brazilian sound tinged with reggae (popularized by Olodum)
* Forro, a lively syncopated sound from the rural northeastern Brazil
* Chorinho, a richly melodic sound driven by string instruments like guitar, flute & cavaquinho.
* Pagode, a funky Rio "party music" sound
* Batucada, an exciting, all-percussive jam session that brings any audience to its feet to dance along with the group - just like carnivale in Rio de Janeiro.