Global Groove Chicago Presents Chicago Samba, the Hot Brazilian Dance Band
* Additional fees apply.
The last date listed for Chicago Samba was Friday March 25, 2011 / 9:30pm.
Currently at Chopin Theatre Mainstage
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Adapted from Herman Melville's white whale of a novel, <em>Moby Dick</em>, this love letter to Am...Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
Check out Chicago Samba’s website.
Chicago Samba offers the authentic sounds of Brazil mixed with the flavor of carnaval. They play a unique mix of Brazilian popular song styles, including:
- Samba, the energetic national rhythm of Brazil
- Bossa Nova, a laid-back, seductive sound that merges jazzy melodies with the essence of the samba
beat (popularized by Antonio Carlos Jobim and songs like “The Girl from Ipanema”)
- Brazilian Jazz, under the influence of American Jazz, this the newest style of world music.
- Olodum, an rhythm-heavy, Afro-Brazilian sound tinged with reggae (popularized by Olodum)
- Forro, a lively syncopated sound from the rural northeastern Brazil
- Chorinho, a richly melodic sound driven by string instruments like guitar, flute & cavaquinho.
- Pagode, a funky Rio “party music” sound
- Batucada, an exciting, all-percussive jam session that brings any audience to its feet to dance along with the group – just like carnivale in Rio de Janeiro.