Global Groove Chicago Presents Chicago Samba, the Hot Brazilian Dance Band
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Chicago Samba have expired.
The last date listed for Chicago Samba was Friday March 25, 2011 / 9:30pm.
Most Popular Music Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Harness your inner princess by spending a magical, musical afternoon celebrating the amazing journey that the quintessential Disney female heroine has taken since Cinderella in 1950. It all started with "Someday My Prince Will Come." Empowerment slowly crept in through the years, with The Little Mermaid's Ariel singing about "... bright young women, sick of swimming, ready to stand," right up to the 2013 song that's inspired countless belt-it-out sessions in family cars across the country: "Let It Go" from Frozen. Your whole family will be singing along and feeling inspired to make dreams come true in a big way. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
Check out Chicago Samba’s website.
Chicago Samba offers the authentic sounds of Brazil mixed with the flavor of carnaval. They play a unique mix of Brazilian popular song styles, including:
- Samba, the energetic national rhythm of Brazil
- Bossa Nova, a laid-back, seductive sound that merges jazzy melodies with the essence of the samba
beat (popularized by Antonio Carlos Jobim and songs like “The Girl from Ipanema”)
- Brazilian Jazz, under the influence of American Jazz, this the newest style of world music.
- Olodum, an rhythm-heavy, Afro-Brazilian sound tinged with reggae (popularized by Olodum)
- Forro, a lively syncopated sound from the rural northeastern Brazil
- Chorinho, a richly melodic sound driven by string instruments like guitar, flute & cavaquinho.
- Pagode, a funky Rio “party music” sound
- Batucada, an exciting, all-percussive jam session that brings any audience to its feet to dance along with the group – just like carnivale in Rio de Janeiro.