Global Groove Chicago Presents Chicago Samba, the Hot Brazilian Dance Band
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Chicago Samba have expired.
The last date listed for Chicago Samba was Friday March 25, 2011 / 9:30pm.
Currently at Chopin Theatre Mainstage:
- Full Price:
- $40.00 - $45.00
- Our Price:
- $16.00 - $22.50
The tiny Michigan town of Radio Falls has been trapped in perpetual winter for a generation. Snow and ice coat every tree branch and telephone wire, and the unceasing blizzard surrounding the town means there's no way in or out. The last moment of heated passion brought the town its only remaining youth -- a young girl named Rose -- and it's up to her to save Radio Falls from the vicious curse of the Rime Witch. An optimistic and imaginative tale, Rose and the Rime returns to the stage this season with an enhanced production that features aerial spectacle and magic. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- Check out Chicago Samba's <a target="_blank" href="http://www.chicagosamba.com">website</a>.
Chicago Samba offers the authentic sounds of Brazil mixed with the flavor of carnaval. They play a unique mix of Brazilian popular song styles, including:
* Samba, the energetic national rhythm of Brazil
* Bossa Nova, a laid-back, seductive sound that merges jazzy melodies with the essence of the samba
beat (popularized by Antonio Carlos Jobim and songs like “The Girl from Ipanema”)
* Brazilian Jazz, under the influence of American Jazz, this the newest style of world music.
* Olodum, an rhythm-heavy, Afro-Brazilian sound tinged with reggae (popularized by Olodum)
* Forro, a lively syncopated sound from the rural northeastern Brazil
* Chorinho, a richly melodic sound driven by string instruments like guitar, flute & cavaquinho.
* Pagode, a funky Rio "party music" sound
* Batucada, an exciting, all-percussive jam session that brings any audience to its feet to dance along with the group - just like carnivale in Rio de Janeiro.