Discover Old Town: Past and Present Walking Tour
* Additional fees apply.
Turn any event into a gift that's…
Can be sent via email or mail.
Experiences that create memories make the greatest gifts.
Select Your Date
Reviews & Ratings
star this review starred report as inappropriate
Great tour. Joyce was very knowledgeable and entertaining. She happily completed the tour even though it was pouring down rain at the end. The walk was nicely paced as well. Would definitely recommend the tours (I've already bought two more tours)!
Old Town is one of Chicago’s most architecturally diverse neighborhoods – from Gazillionaires Row to 1880 homes to charming cottages – and everything in between!
• Explore the Armitage Ave shopping boutiques
• Discover the hidden architectural gems throughout the neighborhood
• Step into one of the few structures that “survived” the Great Chicago Fire of 1871
• Learn about the interesting history of Crilly Court
What you’ll see:
- • St. Michael’s Church
• Historic Well Street
• The Old Town Triangle District
• The home of the famous Second City
• A vast array of architecture, from stunning Victorians to working-class cottages to modern 21st century mansions
The tour will end at Zanies, where you will have an opportunity to get an up-close and personal look at the inner workings of one of Chicago’s premier comedy clubs, and a free pass to an upcoming show!
The walk cover approximately 2 miles at a leisurely pace and runs 2 to 2.5 hours.
Please note that tour guide gratuity is not included in the tour price, so if you enjoy your tour, tips are very much appreciated.