Discover Old Town: Past and Present Walking Tour
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Discover Old Town: Past and Present have expired.
The last date listed for Discover Old Town: Past and Present was Saturday November 16, 2013 / 10:00am.
Most Popular Tours & Cruises Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Before embarking on your next globe-trot, make a stop at this year's Travel & Adventure Show and see guidebook author Pauline Frommer, PBS star Rick Steves (Rick Steves' Europe), Travel Channel host Samantha Brown and author Patricia Schultz (1000 Places to See Before You Die). With advice on top local, national and international destinations, show-only specials and giveaways, hands-on adventure activities (scuba diving, animal encounters, mechanical bulls and Segway riding), exotic culinary demonstrations, and live cultural performances, attending the Travel & Adventure Show almost feels like its own little getaway. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Ken Small
view more less of this review
This was an absolutely splendid tour. The guide (Joyce) really knows her stuff. She is enthusiastic, engaging, and easy to understand. Very interesting neighborhood with many houses from late 1800s, some kept up beautifully and others being replaced with expensive modern buildings as the neighborhood gentrifies. Joyce is up to date on all aspects. Another highlight is St. Michael's church, which survived the Chicago fire and was just renovated a second time.
star this review starred report as inappropriate
Great tour. Joyce was very knowledgeable and entertaining. She happily completed the tour even though it was pouring down rain at the end. The walk was nicely paced as well. Would definitely recommend the tours (I've already bought two more tours)!
Quotes & Highlights
- After covering approximately 2 miles at a leisurely pace, the tour will end at Zanies, where you will have an opportunity to get an up-close and personal look at the inner workings of one of Chicago’s premier comedy clubs, AND a FREE pass to an upcoming show!
Old Town is one of Chicago’s most architecturally diverse neighborhoods – from Gazillionaires Row to 1880 homes to charming cottages – and everything in between!
• Explore the Armitage Ave shopping boutiques
• Discover the hidden architectural gems throughout the neighborhood
• Step into one of the few structures that “survived” the Great Chicago Fire of 1871
• Learn about the interesting history of Crilly Court
What you’ll see:
• St. Michael’s Church
• Historic Well Street
• The Old Town Triangle District
• The home of the famous Second City
• A vast array of architecture, from stunning Victorians to working-class cottages to modern 21st century mansions
Please note that tour guide gratuity is not included in the tour price, so if you enjoy your tour, tips are very much appreciated.