Fight Girl Battle World: Action-Packed Sci-Fi Comedy
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Fight Girl Battle World have expired.
The last date listed for Fight Girl Battle World was Sunday June 16, 2013 / 3:00pm.
Currently at Theater Wit:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
The high-stakes world of middle-school spelling competitions takes center stage in The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. This musical comedy follows six overachieving would-be wordsmiths and their neurotic parents. The hilariously catchy songs capture teenage troubles at their worst, from "Woe Is Me" to "My Unfortunate Erection (Chip's Lament)." And the contest teaches the valuable lesson that winning isn't the only definition of success. With music and lyrics by William Finn and a book by Rachel Sheinkin, The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee was nominated for Best Musical and five other Tony Awards in its original run, winning for Best Book. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- "Endearing performances and cheap-but-imaginative stage effects win the day ... resistance to this show's many charms is futile." --Chicago Tribune (three stars)
- "The endlessly inventive design team serves up a kaleidoscopic collage ... if blasting rayguns, ass-kicking chicks and bug-eyed monsters dying in spasms like cockroaches is your cup of Cassiopeia, this is your kind of entertainment." --Windy City Times
- "An action-packed, laughed-filled space romp ... the script wonderfully exploits the cornier aspects of nearly all sci-fi stories. Despite the satirical nature of the play, Blixt has the cast looking like action stars and the combat scenes are anything but corny." --Showbiz Chicago
- "This show is the good kind of cheese--a campy, kooky space romp with a kickin' grrrrrl power protagonist, effective use of multimedia screens, scale model space toys, and puppetry with creepy manipulators in head to toe black spandex. Highly recommended!" --ChiIL Mama
- "It’s an out-of-this-world spectacle ... Fight Girl Battle World could populate Chicago as a late night cult classic." --Chicago Theater Beat
- "Anyone looking for a good time just needs to aim for Fight Girl Battle World and then stay on target." --Centerstage ("Must See" show)
This production contains onstage violence and some coarse language and is not intended for children under age 16. Strobe lights are used on a very limited basis.
The show runs 1 hour, 50 minutes with an intermission.
About the Ticket Supplier: InFusion Theatre Company
InFusion Theatre Company's mission is to seek out new plays and organically "infuse" them with other elements of entertainment such as music, dance, and film. They strive to create dynamic performances by combining different forms of entertainment that will result in both exciting and thought-provoking work. They focus on giving voice to new works, as well as looking at older works in a new way.