Fight Girl Battle World: Action-Packed Sci-Fi Comedy
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Fight Girl Battle World have expired.
The last date listed for Fight Girl Battle World was Sunday June 16, 2013 / 3:00pm.
Currently at Theater Wit:
- Full Price:
- $12.00 - $18.00
- Our Price:
- $6.00 - $9.00
The head of a university in a small town, Dean Wreen's going through a rough patch in life. Midlife's coming toward her at top speed, her school is in dire financial trouble (so she wants to close the school's natural history museum), her ex has returned to live with her (much to the chagrin of her much younger current girlfriend) and she's about to have some other giant, prehistoric problems to contend with in the academic sex comedy Seven Homeless Mammoths Wander New England. Hailed by The New York Times as "smart, clever ... lively and literate," Mammoths was written by award-winning playwright Madeleine George (The Zero Hour, Precious Little). Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- "Endearing performances and cheap-but-imaginative stage effects win the day ... resistance to this show's many charms is futile." --Chicago Tribune (three stars)
- "The endlessly inventive design team serves up a kaleidoscopic collage ... if blasting rayguns, ass-kicking chicks and bug-eyed monsters dying in spasms like cockroaches is your cup of Cassiopeia, this is your kind of entertainment." --Windy City Times
- "An action-packed, laughed-filled space romp ... the script wonderfully exploits the cornier aspects of nearly all sci-fi stories. Despite the satirical nature of the play, Blixt has the cast looking like action stars and the combat scenes are anything but corny." --Showbiz Chicago
- "This show is the good kind of cheese--a campy, kooky space romp with a kickin' grrrrrl power protagonist, effective use of multimedia screens, scale model space toys, and puppetry with creepy manipulators in head to toe black spandex. Highly recommended!" --ChiIL Mama
- "It’s an out-of-this-world spectacle ... Fight Girl Battle World could populate Chicago as a late night cult classic." --Chicago Theater Beat
- "Anyone looking for a good time just needs to aim for Fight Girl Battle World and then stay on target." --Centerstage ("Must See" show)
This production contains onstage violence and some coarse language and is not intended for children under age 16. Strobe lights are used on a very limited basis.
The show runs 1 hour, 50 minutes with an intermission.