Funk It Up About Nothin': Hip-Hop Adaptation of Shakespeare's Comedy
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Funk It Up About Nothin' have expired.
The last date listed for Funk It Up About Nothin' was Saturday February 12, 2011 / 9:30pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
- $35.58 - $49.82
The entertainment phenomenon known as the Blue Man Group is better than ever in this updated show featuring all-new material. You'll find the famous blue bald guys interacting with "GiPads," taking a humorous look at contemporary forms of communication, and performing a pulsating new finale set to an original music score. Audiences worldwide have experienced and loved this wildly imaginative, family friendly stage show that cleverly combines comedy, art and science with fabulous visual effects and Grammy-nominated music. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
star this review starred report as inappropriate
I attended this show with friends. Everyone enjoyed the event, even those who didn't know the original storyline. It was a very fast paced and funny show. However, I would not recommend this as a family event, due to the profanity.
Quotes & Highlights
- “A bawdy and fun remix! Exceedingly smart and funny... It’s clever stuff. This lively and well-performed show will greatly amuse. When it comes to funking up the Bard, the Q's are your guys.” --<em>Chicago Tribune</em>
- "I defy you, whatever your age or rhythmic persuasion, to go to this 'ad-rap-tation'... and come out without a gigantic grin on your face. This show... glides and pops its way onto the stage with a self-confidence that would be brazen if it weren't 100 percent justified. The rhymes—and the energy—just don't stop. --<em>TimeOut London</em>
- “Downright irresistible... its cast of six actors are so physically and verbally agile, and so savvy in their ability to adapt to a whole new meter and method, that it’s a pleasure just to watch them mix it up with such complete brilliance.” --<em>Chicago Sun-Times</em>
- Check out this <a target="_blank" href="http://www.chicagoshakes.com/main.taf?p=2,56">list of links</a> about hip-hop, the Q brothers, Shakespeare and more.
- See an R-rated <a target="_blank" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB3_OLaA56w">preview video</a> of the show.
Funk It Up About Nothin’
a “hip-hoptation” of Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing
Created and directed by GQ and JQ
A fresh urban take on a story as old skool as love itself, and complete with a live DJ, B-boys and girls, MCs and divas, Funk It Up About Nothin’ is more than a rom-com street party with bangin’ bass. It's an outrageous “hip-hoptation” based on the Bard’s classic comedy Much Ado About Nothing. Whether you’re looking for a great night of hip hop or a new way to think about Shakespeare, Funk It Up About Nothin’ delivers an intense, high-energy story like no other.