Funk It Up About Nothin': Hip-Hop Adaptation of Shakespeare's Comedy
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Funk It Up About Nothin' have expired.
The last date listed for Funk It Up About Nothin' was Saturday February 12, 2011 / 9:30pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Rudy and his friends light up the stage in this exciting new musical adaptation of the holiday TV special that celebrates the misfit in all of us. From Rudolph, the reindeer who tries to hide his very shiny nose before he realizes he can save Santa's Christmas, to his pals Clarice, Hermey the Elf, Yukon Cornelius and even the Abominable Snowman, this song-filled, large-scale extravaganza brings their unforgettable adventures to life. In addition to the classic title song by Johnny Marks, the original soundtrack boasts great tunes like "There's Always Tomorrow," "We're a Couple of Misfits," "Silver and Gold," "A Holly Jolly Christmas" and more. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
star this review starred report as inappropriate
I attended this show with friends. Everyone enjoyed the event, even those who didn't know the original storyline. It was a very fast paced and funny show. However, I would not recommend this as a family event, due to the profanity.
Quotes & Highlights
- “A bawdy and fun remix! Exceedingly smart and funny... It’s clever stuff. This lively and well-performed show will greatly amuse. When it comes to funking up the Bard, the Q's are your guys.” --Chicago Tribune
- "I defy you, whatever your age or rhythmic persuasion, to go to this 'ad-rap-tation'... and come out without a gigantic grin on your face. This show... glides and pops its way onto the stage with a self-confidence that would be brazen if it weren't 100 percent justified. The rhymes—and the energy—just don't stop. --TimeOut London
- “Downright irresistible... its cast of six actors are so physically and verbally agile, and so savvy in their ability to adapt to a whole new meter and method, that it’s a pleasure just to watch them mix it up with such complete brilliance.” --Chicago Sun-Times
- Check out this list of links about hip-hop, the Q brothers, Shakespeare and more.
- See an R-rated preview video of the show.
Funk It Up About Nothin’
a “hip-hoptation” of Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing
Created and directed by GQ and JQ
A fresh urban take on a story as old skool as love itself, and complete with a live DJ, B-boys and girls, MCs and divas, Funk It Up About Nothin’ is more than a rom-com street party with bangin’ bass. It's an outrageous “hip-hoptation” based on the Bard’s classic comedy Much Ado About Nothing. Whether you’re looking for a great night of hip hop or a new way to think about Shakespeare, Funk It Up About Nothin’ delivers an intense, high-energy story like no other.
About the Ticket Supplier: Chicago Shakespeare Theater
Chicago Shakespeare Theater offers a broad spectrum of theatrical experiences year-round, engaging and entertaining audiences from all walks of life and from around the world. The plays of William Shakespeare form the core of the company's work, complemented by other dramatic works -- from traditional classical theater to new classics that resonate with Shakespeare's timeless insights into the human condition. CST's World's Stage Series brings international theatrical productions to Chicago, presenting new cultural expressions and experiences. For family audiences, CST Family presents abridged Shakespeare productions and classic musicals for all ages.