Hank Williams: Lost Highway -- A Musical Tribute to the Country Legend
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Hank Williams: Lost Highway have expired.
The last date listed for Hank Williams: Lost Highway was Saturday October 12, 2013 / 7:30pm.
Currently at Greenhouse Theater Center:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Chicago has always been full of magic and at one point the magicians of Chicago became famous for their particular style. It's an up-close and personal kind of magic that doesn't have the grandiose spectacle that other acts bring to the table, but is every bit as astonishing. In some ways, it's much more fun since the audience is part of the show. The Magic Cabaret brings that golden age of magic, mystery and mischief back to to Chicago audiences hungry for the unusual. In every show, PT Murphy and David Parr present classic conjuring in the Windy City style, using every day objects to bring their stories of old-time magic to life. With an emphasis on audience participation, and liberal doses of humor, spookiness and surprises, the magic cabaret is actually fun for everyone, old or young. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Goldstar Member
view more less of this review
The show was absolutely wonderful. So many talented musicians and actors. Whether you like country music or not, this was a well produced, written and performed show that people will enjoy. If the newspaper critics do not agree we all would be shocked!
Quotes & Highlights
- “Strikingly honest and guileless picture that could well mean commercial legs and a big fat hit for American Blues. Brumlow nails Williams, sweet, low, and hard.” —<em><a target="_blank" href="http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/theater/theaterloop/ct-ent-0907-highway-review-20130906,0,6399193.column">Chicago Tribune</a></em>
- “A bona fide tribute concert. Director Damon Kiely has a dynamite cast and pulls pitch perfect performances from all of them. Captivatingly produced …clever dialogue ... impressively talented actor/musicians. —<a target="_blank" href="http://newcitystage.com/2013/09/06/review-hank-williams-lost-highwayamerican-blues-theater/">Newcity </a>
- “Glorious contradiction: a musical bio bursting at the seams with rambunctious playfulness and Williams’ life-long, fruitless quest for contentment. It’s a demanding, bravura performance and Brumlow nails it from lights up to curtain call.” —<a target="_blank" href="http://chicagotheaterbeat.com/2013/09/06/review-hank-williams-lost-highway-american-blues-theater/#review">Chicago Theater Beat</a>
- “They crank up the foot-tapping fun. Hank’s story will have you musing and humming all the way home.” —<a target="_blank" href="http://www.chicagonow.com/the-fourth-walsh/2013/09/hank-williams-lost-highway-american-blues-theatre-hank-williams-resurrected/">Chicago Now </a>
- “The music is well-played giving Williams’ songbook an authentic sound … a worthy tribute to the country legend.” —<a target="_blank" href="http:// <a href="http://chicagocritic.com/hank-williams-lost-highway-american-blues-theater/" target="_blank">http://chicagocritic.com/hank-williams-lost-highway-american-blues-theater/</a>">Chicago Critic</a>