Hellcab: 20th Anniversary Production
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Hellcab have expired.
The last date listed for Hellcab was Sunday February 24, 2013 / 7:00pm.
Currently at Profiles Theatre:
- Full Price:
- $35.00 - $40.00
- Our Price:
- $17.50 - $20.00
Hellcab circles back to its beginnings as Paul Dillon, the original Cabbie from the 1992 world premiere, returns with a cast of 34 to star in this holiday comedy-drama at Profiles Theatre. In 1997, Dillon played the same role in the feature film version of Hellcab, leading a cast that included Julianne Moore, John Cusack, Gillian Anderson and John C. Reilly. Playwright Will Kern's landmark work follows a cab driver on the longest night of his life as he transports a bizarre and mysterious collection of customers through the gritty streets of Chicago. A former cab driver himself, Kern draws from personal experience to create this alternately frightening, hilarious and poignant journey. Profiles artistic director Darrell W. Cox returns to direct. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Goldstar Member
view more less of this review
The show is hysterical! A Must See!
Quotes & Highlights
- “Director Darrell W. Cox's dark, droll, 20th-anniversary production at Profiles Theatre, which is not to be missed by lovers of plays about Chicago, is one of those only-in-Chicago experiences. Truly, the array of characters rushing in and out of the taxi is a sight to behold. Konstantin Khrustov's cabby is a near-perfect guide; this is one of the best performances of the year.” --Chicago Tribune
- “Profiles Theatre has mounted a 20th anniversary revival with a blockbuster cast of 34. Konstantin Krhustov’s wonderfully expressive face and droll responses suggest his sense of helplessness, hopelessness, disgust and terror in the face of so many human specimens.” --Chicago Sun-Times
- “Will Kern’s heartwarming drama delivers a disarmingly up-close view of the agonies and ecstasies found on Chicago’s streets. Take Profiles’ ride and you’ll never take your cabbie for granted again.” --Chicago Magazine
- "Profiles' 20th anniversary revival of HELLCAB is a ride worth taking. Will Kern's drama is sharply staged by Darrell W. Cox, who deftly utilizes his massive cast of 34." --Timeout Chicago
- "This 20th-anniversary revival demonstartes that it makes a rather wonderful tribute to the season. The 33 actors playing the passengers give their characters their all. But the real powerhouse here is Konstantin Khrustov. Though smart and wary, his driver is also vulnerable and -- amusingly at certain moments, frighteningly at other s- -way too dutiful for his own good."--Chicago Reader
- "In an ambitious 20th annivesary production, HELLCAB's showing us that its wheels are still very much on fire. Each actor fearlessly sinks their teeth into their moments to create a series of uniquely memorable vignettes. This proved one of the most heartfeft holiday plays I've seen in some time."--Huffington Post