Intense New Drama Skin Tight From Cor TheatreA Red Orchid Theatre, Just south of W North Ave (1531 North Wells Street Chicago, IL 60610)
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Skin Tight have expired.
The last date listed for Skin Tight was Tuesday September 25, 2012 / 8:00pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $65.00 - $95.00
- Our Price:
- $39.00 - $57.00
Showcasing Cole Porter's signature wit and masterful composition, Roundabout Theatre Company's Tony-winning production of Anything Goes features beloved songs such as "I Get a Kick Out of You" and "You're the Top." This timeless tale of boy-meets-girl and the resulting roller coaster ride centers on Billy Crocker, who falls hopelessly in love with a wealthy heiress. When he sees her boarding a boat to London, he throws caution to the wind and becomes a stowaway. Madcap hijinks ensue when his fellow passengers, including the evangelist-turned-nightclub-singer Reno Sweeney and second-rate gangster Moonface Martin, decide to help Billy win his true love. Learn More
Goldstar Member Tips
Reviews & Ratings
star this review starred report as inappropriate
The show is engaging right from the opening second and ends with a suprize. It's a powerful and sometimes confusing look at violence, passion, war, aging, classism, and death.
The set is sparce, the actors have great chemistry, and the theater is small and intimage. All of these add up for an experience that will definitely leave you thinking and probable feeling and discussing too.
More Information About Skin Tight
Quotes & Highlights
- "Under Deiorio’s unflinching direction, with fierce fight choreography by Scott Cummins and Julia Neary, the fearless actors forge a mighty bond as a pair that has lived together for many years on a New Zealand farm, and endured jealousy, loneliness and a period of wartime separation." --Chicago Sun-Times
- "It's the emotional wringer that they put themselves through before that baptismal coda that truly impresses." --Chicago Tribune
- "The violent sexual action is equally disturbing and fascinating because it *is* a love story. Within their passionate frenzies, Fowler and Bozzuto show complete trust. Their intimacy is shocking and endearing. Their response is primal and honest." --Chicago Theatre Beat
- "Skin Tight, a new work by the new company Cor Theatre, is the most perfectly astounding piece of theater I have seen since Goodman's "The Iceman Cometh". I can't recommend it highly enough. It should extend, it should tour. It is scary, moving and touching. Go see it. You won't get a word about the plot out of me. Figure it out yourself. That is always half the fun. The floor is covered with wrestling mats. There is a bathtub, some apples, and a very sharp knife. Enough said." --Chicago Stage Style
- "Skin Tight is one of those little gems that needs to be seen to be fully appreciated. It ekes out the power of live theatre magnificently. What a engrossing hour of theatre! I can’t imagine a finer off night show." --Chicago Critic
- "For me, this gem quite accurately reflects a single average day for a couple—its fights, lulls and rushes of passion—only with the theater’s harrowing urgency and perpetual threat." --New City Stage
This show features full nudity with strong sexual content and strong violence. Recommended for ages 18 and up.
About the Ticket Supplier: COR Theatre
COR theatre is a professional theatre company committed to producing work that takes courage, ignites passion and opens the heart. We are women in pursuit of risk-taking, boundary-stretching theatre that provides an environment in which our audience can explore the unexplored and expect the unexpected.