Intense New Drama Skin Tight From Cor Theatre
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Skin Tight have expired.
The last date listed for Skin Tight was Tuesday September 25, 2012 / 8:00pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $53.00 - $85.00
- Our Price:
- $49.00 - $69.00
Following an acclaimed sell-out tour of the United Kingdom, Cameron Mackintosh's spectacular new production of Andrew Lloyd Webber's phenomenal musical success is now embarking on a brand-new U.S. national tour. The soaring score features the memorable title tune, along with "Masquerade," "The Music of the Night" and "All I Ask of You." Hailed as "stunning, intense and spectacular" by the Sunday Express, this production features a brilliant new design by Paul Brown, costumes by Maria Björnson, new choreography by Scott Ambler and a new staging by director Laurence Connor. The production, overseen by Matthew Bourne and Cameron Mackintosh, boasts many exciting special effects, including the show's legendary chandelier. The Phantom of the Opera traces the tragic love triangle of a beautiful opera singer, her childhood love and the tortured masked genius who lives beneath the Paris Opera House. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- "Under Deiorio’s unflinching direction, with fierce fight choreography by Scott Cummins and Julia Neary, the fearless actors forge a mighty bond as a pair that has lived together for many years on a New Zealand farm, and endured jealousy, loneliness and a period of wartime separation." --Chicago Sun-Times
- "It's the emotional wringer that they put themselves through before that baptismal coda that truly impresses." --Chicago Tribune
- "The violent sexual action is equally disturbing and fascinating because it *is* a love story. Within their passionate frenzies, Fowler and Bozzuto show complete trust. Their intimacy is shocking and endearing. Their response is primal and honest." --Chicago Theatre Beat
- "Skin Tight, a new work by the new company Cor Theatre, is the most perfectly astounding piece of theater I have seen since Goodman's "The Iceman Cometh". I can't recommend it highly enough. It should extend, it should tour. It is scary, moving and touching. Go see it. You won't get a word about the plot out of me. Figure it out yourself. That is always half the fun. The floor is covered with wrestling mats. There is a bathtub, some apples, and a very sharp knife. Enough said." --Chicago Stage Style
- "Skin Tight is one of those little gems that needs to be seen to be fully appreciated. It ekes out the power of live theatre magnificently. What a engrossing hour of theatre! I can’t imagine a finer off night show." --Chicago Critic
- "For me, this gem quite accurately reflects a single average day for a couple—its fights, lulls and rushes of passion—only with the theater’s harrowing urgency and perpetual threat." --New City Stage
This show features full nudity with strong sexual content and strong violence. Recommended for ages 18 and up.
About the Ticket Supplier: COR Theatre
COR theatre is a professional theatre company committed to producing work that takes courage, ignites passion and opens the heart. We are women in pursuit of risk-taking, boundary-stretching theatre that provides an environment in which our audience can explore the unexplored and expect the unexpected.