They Call Me Mister Fry: Inner City Teacher's One-Man Show
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for They Call Me Mister Fry have expired.
The last date listed for They Call Me Mister Fry was Sunday October 14, 2012 / 3:00pm.
Currently at Stage 773:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
After a recent performance at Joe's Pub in New York City, last year's queer holiday hit We Three Lizas is back with a revamped book and expanded score. Box maker Conrad Ticklebottom's life has hit a stumbling block. At one time, his purple box sparked an entire movement in art and design, but now he's been forgotten and teetering on ruin. Just in the nick of time, the holidays bring three magical figures to his door -- a trio of Liza Minnellis -- to escort him on a fabulous journey through what-was, what-could-be and what-the-f*?!, redeeming his lost promise and reinventing a brand-new Conrad Ticklebottom. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Goldstar Member
view more less of this review
We had such a wonderful time. Prior to purchasing i read the reviews from the cities he performed in and this performance lived up to those rave reviews. We were a little nervous getting there 10 minutes early and it was empty but it was mostly filled. I won't say more but I recommend as we did to sit in the first row
Quotes & Highlights
- See a video trailer for the show on YouTube.
- Check out Goldstar member reviews for They Call Me Mister Fry at Los Angeles' Lounge Theatre and FanaticSalon.
- "On stage, Mister Fry makes the grade!" --Los Angeles Times
- "Jack Fry is the Patch Adams of education, the highest quality of Off Broadway theatre" --LA Examiner
- Critic's Pick for Best of the Fest --Capital Fringe
- "Gritty but hopeful" --Curtain Up New York
- "A must see" --socal.com
- "A talented blend of comedy and emotion" --Valley Scene Magazine
- "Freiberger wins over his audience ... he masterfully plays two problem students." --LA Weekly, GO!
- "By all means see it and leave inspired!" --Our Town New York (Theater Pick of the Week)
- "This production has enough heart, audacity, and originality to stand out from the crowd mainly because of the artistry of Jack Fry." --dctheaterscene.com
- "Intense and intimate...many laughs..." --NUVO
- "They Call Me Mister Fry is directed by my first director Jeff Michalski, so you know it's got to be good." --Stephen Colbert, The Colbert Report
About the Ticket Supplier: Stage 773
The name Stage 773 expresses the company's mission to celebrate the richness, creativity, innovation and spirit of Chicago's off-loop theatre movement.