They Call Me Mister Fry: Inner City Teacher's One-Man Show
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for They Call Me Mister Fry have expired.
The last date listed for They Call Me Mister Fry was Sunday October 14, 2012 / 3:00pm.
Currently at Stage 773:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
- SOLD OUT
Let Porchlight Music Theatre's Ain't Misbehavin' transport you back in time to the golden age of jazz, when hot spots like the Cotton Club played host to the music of 1930s Harlem, and where swing music, jazz and stride piano infused the entire country with renewed energy. This Tony Award-winning show is a song-filled celebration of the timeless music of Thomas "Fats" Waller, who penned more than 400 songs during his career -- many of which have entered the classic repertoire of jazz standards still popular today. An energetic ensemble of talented performers brings down the house with a musical parade of Fats Waller's most popular hits -- rowdy, raunchy, humorous songs that encapsulate the moods of an era and reflect Waller's view of life as a journey meant for pleasure and play. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- See a <a target="_blank" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yue71I0A668">video traile</a>r for the show on YouTube.
- Check out Goldstar member reviews for <em>They Call Me Mister Fry</em> at Los Angeles' <a target="_blank" href="http://www.goldstar.com/events/los-angeles-ca/they-call-me-mister-fry">Lounge Theatre</a> and <a target="_blank" href="http://www.goldstar.com/e/28666">FanaticSalon</a>.
- "On stage,<em> Mister Fry</em> makes the grade!" --<em>Los Angeles Times</em>
- "Jack Fry is the Patch Adams of education, the highest quality of Off Broadway theatre" --<em>LA Examiner</em>
- Critic's Pick for Best of the Fest --Capital Fringe
- "Gritty but hopeful" --<em>Curtain Up New York</em>
- "A must see" --socal.com
- "A talented blend of comedy and emotion" --<em>Valley Scene Magazine</em>
- "Freiberger wins over his audience ... he masterfully plays two problem students." --<em>LA Weekly,</em> GO!<em> </em>
- "By all means see it and leave inspired!" --<em>Our Town New York</em> (Theater Pick of the Week)
- "This production has enough heart, audacity, and originality to stand out from the crowd mainly because of the artistry of Jack Fry." --dctheaterscene.com
- "Intense and intimate...many laughs..." --<em>NUVO</em>
- "<em>They Call Me Mister Fry</em> is directed by my first director Jeff Michalski, so you know it's got to be good." --Stephen Colbert, <em>The Colbert Report</em>