Unveiled, a Solo Performance Looking at the Lives of Muslim Women
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Unveiled have expired.
The last date listed for Unveiled was Sunday April 4, 2010 / 7:00pm.
Currently at Victory Gardens Zacek McVay Theater:
- Full Price:
- $46.00 - $50.00
- Our Price:
- $23.00 - $25.00
Appropriate deals with the hassles of inheritance as one family descends upon a crumbling Arkansan plantation to liquidate their dead patriarch's estate. The three adult children think they have problems as they argue over clutter, debt and their troubled family history. But, after a disturbing discovery among their father's possessions, a series of surprises and confrontations turns up the intensity at the already-uncomfortable reunion. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from FM
view more less of this review
Excellent, moving show. Wonderful insights into the lives of five fictional (but so real) American Muslim women. The complimentary tea before the performance really set the mood for all the tea-related plotlines in the show. Appreciated the post-show Q&A and discussion; it was a nice opportunity to talk to the playwright, respond to the stories, listen to others' responses, and extend what was, as I said, an excellent theater-going experience. I highly recommend it.
Quotes & Highlights
- "terrific show...intellectually engrossing work of theater" --Chicago Tribune
- "Unveiled offers a provocative, insightful and uplifting theater experience." --Pioneer Press
- "Powerful solo show...five riveting tales of Muslim women" --Chicago Reader
- "A compelling 70-minute piece rich with illuminating surprises, drawing the audience into worlds that are both unique and truly universal. It is terrifically entertaining." --Chicago Examiner
- "A marvelous premiere production!" --Spreadstyle Chicago
Rohina Malik is a writer and actress who specializes in solo performance. She was born and raised in London, England, and draws upon her Indo-Pakistani heritage for inspiration for her art. She performed at Live Bait Theater's Fillet of Solo, and workshopped Unveiled with Rivendell Theatre Ensemble.