Gala of International Dance Stars Presented by arts innovation movement
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Gala of International Dance Stars have expired.
The last date listed for Gala of International Dance Stars was Saturday August 13, 2011 / 8:00pm.
Most Popular Dance Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $10.00 - $15.00
- Our Price:
- COMP - $7.50
As part of a world-class public arts school, the faculty and student dancers of The School for Creative and Performing Arts have shared the stage with professional companies, performed at major venues (including Carnegie Hall and The Kennedy Center), appeared on PBS, and toured with Broadway productions like 42nd Street and The King and I. For this year's spring ballet -- one of only two ballets performed each year -- these talented up-and-comers will stage the 19th-century romantic French ballet Giselle. It tells the timeless tale of a peasant girl who loses her heart and life to an unrequited love, only to rise from the grave as her love's guardian against the supernatural Wilis -- a group of tormented spirits who force young men to dance to their deaths. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
The season finale, and aim's signature event, The Gala of International Dance Stars will feature the best dancers, the best companies and the best choreography in the world for a powerful explosion of international dance — one show only!
This year's line-up:
- Misty Copeland, American Ballet Theater and dancer/choreographer Matthew Prescott
- Skylar Brandt, American Ballet Theater and Daniel Ulbricht, New York City Ballet
- The Ballet Noir Company with world premiere "Prophets and Rock Bottom" by co-artistic director Corey Baker
- Janessa Touchet and Cervilio Amador, Cincinnati Ballet
- Amber Neumann, Christine Rocas, Shane Urton and Lucas Segovia, Joffrey Ballet performing "Blue Velvet" by former Cincinnati Ballet principal dancer Alexei Kremnev
- Katherine Lawrence, Ballet West and Joshua Reynolds, Milwaukee Ballet will dance the world premiere of Darrell Grand Moultrie's "Paramaters Unhinged."
- Tap dancer Marshall Davis, Jr. and dancer/choreographer Jamal Story, who debuts a new aerial dance with silks
- Joseph Gatti and Misa Kuranaga, Boston Ballet. Former Cincinnati Ballet dancer Gatti will perform his own choreography with a "Michael Jackson Tribute."
- Anton Korsakov, Mariinksy Theatre and Olga Pavlova, formerly with Bolshoi Ballet
- Sonia Rodriguez and Aleksander Antonijevic, National Ballet of Canada
- Stephanie Dalphond, National Dance Company of Spain and Alejandro Alvarez will perform a world premiere by Canadian choreographer Shawn Hounsell.