Shrek The Musical: Broadway Hit At the Aronoff Center for the Arts
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Shrek The Musical have expired.
The last date listed for Shrek The Musical was Sunday April 24, 2011 / 6:30pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Winner of three Tony Awards, including Best Musical, this hilariously over-the-top extravaganza -- written by Monty Python alum Eric Idle -- borrows lovingly (and unapologetically) from the film classic Monty Python and the Holy Grail. In telling the tale of King Arthur and his epic quest with the Knights of the Round Table, this endlessly amusing musical features such outlandish oddities as flatulent Frenchmen, flying cows, killer rabbits and The Knights Who Say Ni (with some gorgeous showgirls thrown into the mix, as well). If you've been seeking a reminder to "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life," you need look no further than Monty Python's Spamalot. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Goldstar Member
view more less of this review
My daughter and I attended, and the show was absolutely fabulous. The music, the dancing, the actors--everything was fantastic. I would highly encourage families to attend this show if given the opportunity. There is something in the show for everyone of all ages to enjoy.
Quotes & Highlights
- <em>Shrek</em> recently got great Goldstar reviews in <a target="_blank" href="https://www.goldstar.com/events/baltimore-md/shrek-the-musical.html">Baltimore</a> and <a target="_blank" href="https://www.goldstar.com/events/minneapolis-mn/shrek-the-musical.html">Minneapolis</a>.
- "Altogether irresistible. A big fat hit!" —<em>USA Today </em>
- See a <a target="_blank" href="http://www.shnsf.com/videos/index.asp?videoId=178">video promo</a>, featuring the song "I'm a Believer."
- Check out the <em>Shrek the Musical</em> page on <a target="_blank" href="http://www.youtube.com/user/shrekthemusical">YouTube</a>.
- Read a review of the Broadway production in <a target="_blank" href="http://theater.nytimes.com/2008/12/15/theater/reviews/15shrek.html"><em>The New York Times</em></a>.
Shrek the Musical, based on the Oscar-winning DreamWorks film that started it all, brings the hilarious story of everyone’s favorite ogre to life the stage.
In a faraway kingdom turned upside down, things get ugly when an unseemly ogre -- not a handsome prince -- shows up to rescue a feisty princess. Throw in a donkey who won’t shut up, a villain with a short temper, a cookie with an attitude and over a dozen other fairy tale misfits, and you’ve got the kind of mess that calls for a real hero. Luckily, there’s one on hand... and his name is Shrek.
Featuring a terrific score of 19 all-new songs, big laughs, great dancing and breathtaking scenery, Shrek the Musical is part romance, part twisted fairy tale and all irreverent fun for everyone!