International Percussion Sensation STOMP Comes to Procter & Gamble Hall
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for STOMP have expired.
The last date listed for STOMP was Sunday May 8, 2011 / 7:00pm.
Most Popular Dance Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $10.00 - $15.00
- Our Price:
- COMP - $7.50
As part of a world-class public arts school, the faculty and student dancers of The School for Creative and Performing Arts have shared the stage with professional companies, performed at major venues (including Carnegie Hall and The Kennedy Center), appeared on PBS, and toured with Broadway productions like 42nd Street and The King and I. For this year's spring ballet -- one of only two ballets performed each year -- these talented up-and-comers will stage the 19th-century romantic French ballet Giselle. It tells the timeless tale of a peasant girl who loses her heart and life to an unrequited love, only to rise from the grave as her love's guardian against the supernatural Wilis -- a group of tormented spirits who force young men to dance to their deaths. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Goldstar Member
view more less of this review
This was the second time I've seen Stomp and the first time for my wife. We both thought it was hilarious even though they don't speak, loved the crowd interaction and really enjoyed watching them turn anything and everything into musical instruments.
star this review starred report as inappropriate
I couldn't believe we got such great seats! That was an extra sweet Mother's Day surprise! The show was wonderful. The performance just kept getting better and better. I really enjoyed the humor thrown into the show. Everybody walked out smiling!
Quotes & Highlights
- “<em>STOMP</em> finds beautiful noises in the strangest places.” --<em>USA Today</em>
- “As hot as ever... <em>STOMP</em> has a beat that just won’t quit! Infectious, inventive pulse-pounding entertainment! A roaring good time!” --<em>San Francisco Chronicle</em>
- “<em>STOMP</em> is as fresh and fun as ever. It’s really something to holler about.” --<em>The Los Angeles Times</em>
- “If you haven’t seen <em>STOMP</em>, go! If you have seen it, take someone and share the pleasure!” --<em>Boston Globe</em>
- “<em>STOMP</em> remains a frisky, exuberant, and highly contagious entertainment.” --<em>Boston Herald</em>
STOMP is explosive, provocative, sophisticated, sexy, utterly unique and appeals to audiences of all ages. The international percussion sensation has garnered an armful of awards and rave reviews, and has appeared on numerous national television shows. The eight-member troupe uses everything but conventional percussion instruments – matchboxes, wooden poles, brooms, garbage cans, Zippo lighters, hubcaps – to fill the stage with magnificent rhythms.
STOMP. See what all the noise is about.