Trio Cavatina in Concert - One of Classical Music's Hot New Trios
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
Currently at Horowitz Performing Arts Center - Smith Theatre
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
- SOLD OUT
Think you may have the next Ringo in your house? Whether new to the percussion section or an old … More
Quotes & Highlights
Trio Cavatina is the winner of the 2009 Naumburg Chamber Music Competition.
- Fanny Mendelssohn: Piano Trio in D minor, Op. 11
- Richard Danielpour: “The Faces of Guernica” (written especially for Trio Cavatina)
- Augusta Read Thomas: “Moon Jig” and “…a circle around the sun…”
- Felix Mendelssohn: Piano Trio No. 1 in D minor, Op. 49
Artists: Harumi Rhodes; violin; Priscilla Lee, cello and Ieva Jokubaviciute, piano
The Trio Cavatina met and was formed in 2005 at the Marlboro Music Festival. Since its founding, The Trio Cavatina has been the recipient of a 2006 Borletti-Buitoni fellowship and has been heard on NPR’s Performance Today; at the Phillips Collection in Washington, DC, and in Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall. The Trio also appeared on the closing concert of the Chamber Music America conference. The Trio Cavatina participated in New England Conservatory’s Professional Piano Trio Training Program. In addition to the classical and romantic trio repertoire, the Trio Cavatina is committed to performing 20th-century and newly composed works.