South Coast Repertory Presents Shakespeare's Fantastical Comedy A Midsummer Night's Dream
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for A Midsummer Night's Dream have expired.
The last date listed for A Midsummer Night's Dream was Friday February 18, 2011 / 8:00pm.
Currently at Segerstrom Stage, South Coast Repertory:
- Full Price:
- $43.00 - $56.00
- Our Price:
- $21.50 - $28.00
Banned in Paris in 1664, Tartuffe is one of Moliere's best loved -- and most clever -- comedies. It's also the play that help put South Coast Repertory on the map more than three centuries later. Few scoundrels are as roguish, charming or hilarious as Tartuffe, an impostor who insinuates himself into the home of Orgon and his family, quickly throwing the entire household into chaos. As Orgon's infatuation with his guest and his phony piety grows, Tartuffe's deception threatens to turn downright destructive in this beloved comic masterpiece. Learn More
$5 Drink Specials in the Lobby Bar - Lobby opens 1 hr prior to the showinfo • Feb 23 2013 star this tip starred
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Arthur B.
view more less of this review
This was one of the BEST productions I have ever see. When the players came on stage in modern clothing, I knew we were in for something different. Sometimes I like modern avant garde productions and sometimes I don't. But for this production, that was not the point. The acting, choreography, and direction were equal to anything you will find on Broadway. Kudos to South Coast Rep and a standing O for the actors.
Quotes & Highlights
- Read an <a target="_blank" href="http://www.scr.org/interactive/dialoguejan11/midsummerdialouge.aspx">in-depth article about the play</a> from South Coast Repertory's online newsletter, <em>Dialogue</em>.
- Download the <a target="_blank" href="https://images.goldstar.com/gse_media/111/0/midsummerguide.pdf">MIdsummer Night's Dream study guide</a> from South Coast Repertory.
- "You'll wait a long while to see a better, more exciting, more entrancing, sexier production." --<em>Long Beach Press-Telegram </em>
- "Provokes seismic laughs… a big, bright, daffy rainbow." –<em> Los Angeles Times</em>
- ". . .seduces, rocks and amuses." —<em>The Orange County Register</em>
Led by the wildly inventive director Mark Rucker, off go four young lovers into the woods on a midsummer evening—when strange and wonderful things are likely to happen. This shimmering Shakespearean fantasy features the antics of supernatural creatures—the fairies led by Oberon and Titania and, of course, the impish Puck, who creates chaos in the night. But what fun to join in the dream, knowing that by daylight all will be well in a mystical, moon-drenched masterpiece.