Disney's Mary Poppins: Hit Broadway Musical Makes Magic
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Mary Poppins have expired.
The last date listed for Mary Poppins was Sunday August 7, 2011 / 6:30pm.
Currently at Segerstrom Center for the Arts, Segerstrom Hall:
- Full Price:
- $49.00 - $89.00
- Our Price:
- $23.50 - $43.50
With music by Andrew Lloyd Webber and lyrics by Tim Rice, the compelling true story of Eva Perón comes to vivid life through stunning showstoppers like "Don't Cry for Me, Argentina," "Another Suitcase in Another Hall" and "High Flying Adored." Evita follows the path of the small-town peasant girl as she uses her considerable smarts and charisma to rise from the slums of Argentina to President Juan Perón's side as first lady, becoming one of South America's most powerful women. Though she was much beloved by her people as the voice of the poor, her inevitable downfall came through her unwavering ambition and a devastating illness, making her one of history's most tragic and dramatic figures. Direct from Broadway and making its first national tour, this stunning production is directed by Tony nominee Michael Grandage and choreographed by Tony winner Rob Ashford. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
star this review starred report as inappropriate
I loved it! It was far better than I'd expected. The flow of the story could have been a bit better but the special effects and the scenery both made up for it... AMAZING! By the way, Stephanie Leigh and the entire cast were absolutely fabulous!
Quotes & Highlights
- See the show's trailer on YouTube.
- "Family entertainment of the highest order." —Boston Globe
- “The high-flying spectacle, running on the rocket fuel of such memorable movie numbers as ‘A Spoonful of Sugar’ and ‘Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious,’ can’t help but be delightful.” --Los Angeles Times
- "During its big, masterfully designed production numbers, Poppins weaves its own special brand of magic." --Orange County Register
- Read the great reviews from Goldstar members who saw the Los Angeles engagement of Mary Poppins.
Combining the best of the original stories by P. L. Travers and the beloved Walt Disney film, the award-winning Mary Poppins is everything you'd hope for in a Broadway musical - and more. Produced by Disney and Cameron Mackintosh, the show includes such wonderful songs as "Chim Chim Cher-ee," "A Spoonful of Sugar," "Let's Go Fly a Kite," and of course, "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious." The NY Daily News hails Mary Poppins as "a roof-raising, toe-tapping, high-flying extravaganza!" Let your imagination take flight at this perfectly magical musical!