Screenings, Workshops & More at Gwinnett Center International Film Fest
* Additional fees apply.
The last date listed for Gwinnett Center International Film Festival was Sunday August 3, 2014 / 11:00am - 9:00pm.
Currently at Gwinnett Center
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Atlanta-based comedian MC Lightfoot has opened for some of the biggest names in soul music, from ...Learn More
Quotes & Highlights
- Visit the festival website to see the schedule of films and workshops.
Friday, Aug 1, 8:00pm-10:30pm: Opening Night Screening – The Cure
Dominic Wells told Kennedy his girlfriend he loved her and kissed her goodbye like he always did when leaving for an assignment. She watched him walk away towards his transport, not realizing she would never see him again. Dominic, a 1st lieutenant in the United States Army set out with his team to execute a simple mission they could do in their sleep, but things quickly go wrong and Dominic is captured, leaving the rest of his team unaccounted for. Before escaping captivity, Dominic is injected with something he quickly learns he needs a vaccine for. Armed with a gun and a list of names Dominic sets out to find a cure, and anyone standing in his way God help them. Rick Sampson is a detective assigned to investigate a string of high profile murders in the area that he believes are connected with the recent jail break. His investigation is about to put him on a colliding path with Dominic, but as information unfolds, Rick finds himself to be in the middle of something much more than a murder investigation. Both men will stop at nothing to get to the bottom of what’s going on, but neither have any idea how deep the rabbit hole goes.
Saturday, Aug 2:
- Movie screenings begin at 11:00am and will conclude with a special screening of Kevin Spacey’s documentary, NOW: In the Wings on a World Stage.
- There will be four panel discussions throughout the day from 12:30pm-5:00pm, including a session on Utilizing Special and Make Up FX in Film.
Sunday, Aug 3:
- Screenings will begin at 11:00am and will conclude with a special screening of a Family Georgia-filmed, Santa’s Boot Camp.
- Four panel discussions throughout the day from 12:30pm-5:00pm, including a session on Casting 101.
About the Ticket Supplier: Gwinnett Center
The Gwinnett Center is the perfect location for guests and hosts alike. With facilities including 21,600 square feet of ballroom space and an amazing 13,000 seat arena, Gwinnett Center is more than a great alternative to downtown Atlanta. It’s the right environment for a world of possibilities.
The 80-acre Gwinnett Center campus also houses a beautiful Performing Arts Center outfitted with sophisticated sound and lighting for intimate, quality entertainment. With 702 seats, the theatre is the perfect venue for dramatic stage productions, musical performances, civic events or corporate presentations.