Moe Bertran Stars in Hit Solo Show Love Scenes at Empire Stage
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Love Scenes have expired.
The last date listed for Love Scenes was Sunday July 1, 2012 / 5:00pm.
Currently at Empire Stage:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
A smart, ambitious kid wants to become a Broadway star and hopes that his idol, a theater legend, can make it happen. That's the setup for Secrets of the Trade, a bittersweet and biting valentine from Jonathan Tolins, the playwright behind The Twilight of the Golds and Buyer and Cellar. Andy is besotted with the notion of performing on stage and writes Martin, a famous director, in the hopes of beginning a mentor-protege relationship. Will a door to success be opened or will their complicated relationship force Andy to rethink what he's always believed? Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- "It’s a laugh-a-minute gallop through all sorts of gay relationships, each one getting its own monologue. To be sure, poignant points are scored, but it’s the zingers that linger." --Miami Herald Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/.../love-scenes-comedy-worth-the-wait.html#storylink=cpy" --Miami Herald
- “Bertran rips up the stage in the raw, real, controlled fury of Pumo’s Love Scenes.” –QX London
- “A mesmerizing tour de force full of black humor, action and raw emotion.” –BeyondChron.org
- “He’s eye candy, and he’ll break your heart if you listen to him.” –Next, NY
- “It’s vivid, touching, and infused with humor and insight: It's superb.” -NYTheatre.com
- “A well-honed piece of unexpected emotional depths and sharp humor.” -SF Bay Area Reporter
This show contains some nudity.
About the Ticket Supplier: Empire Stage
Empire Stage is an artist-driven collective that produces new and existing works, originating from both the New York City and South Florda theatrical communities, for the diverse audiences of Ft. Lauderdale, including the LGBT and Senior populations.