Galveston Ghost Tours: Take a Step Through History's Shadows
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Galveston Ghost Tours have expired.
The last date listed for Galveston Ghost Tours was Saturday November 30, 2013 / 8:00pm.
Most Popular Under $10 Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $35.00 - $55.00
- Our Price:
- COMP - $27.50
Welcome spring with A Baroque Wedding Feast from the Grammy-nominated music ensemble Ars Lyrica Houston. The season finale program features Baroque favorites including two beautiful Bach cantatas and a rollicking Telemann suite. You'll also hear Pachelbel's Canon in D, a wedding staple that has been adapted and sampled by everyone from the Pet Shop Boys to Coolio. ALH will be joined by magnificent soprano Meghan Lindsey for the performance and there will be a pre-concert lecture from Professor Tanya Kevorkian, an expert on the Baroque period. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Tour highlights include:
- Step through the darkness and investigate the chilling location where a man was kept hostage for an entire night by a female ghost.
- Take a chance to see the lovely red-headed, ”Miss Betty” Brown who still “lives” at the vintage 1858 Ashton Villa mansion. She’s been photographed staring out of the second floor window through the curtains. Bring your camera!
- Discover why Capt. Mott’s apparition is regularly seen in the attic. Could he be hiding the horrific murders committed by his son?
- Explore the vivid details of the 1900 Great Storm’s night of terror, when a brave mother selflessly dragged bodies from the savage waters over her second floor balcony.
- Visit Galveston’s last bordello. Why does that prominent insurance man’s spirit still lurk in the bedrooms at night?
This fascinating walking tour was designed by fifth-generation Galvestonian, Jan Johnson based on eye-witness accounts of paranormal occurrences. A talented writer and award-winning tour guide, Jan published the book Walking Historic Galveston: A Guide to its Neighborhoods. She inserts a flare for the dramatic as she weaves her tantalizing tales, causing REAL spine-tingling chills.