16th Annual Lester Horton Awards - Honoring Dance in L.A.
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for 16th Annual Lester Horton Awards was Sunday May 6, 2007 / 5:00pm.
Most Popular Dance Event Nearby
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
You've seen their fiery moves on Dancing With the Stars, now see them perform live at Microsoft… More
The Dance Resource Center of Los Angeles presents the 16th Annual Lester Horton Dance Awards under the direction of Executive Producer Jamie Nichols and Production Manager Eileen Cooley. The awards are named after Lester Horton who built his international reputation as a choreographer/teacher in Los Angeles to many of the greats and directed one of the first integrated dance companies in the US.
The evening will include live performances, film, tributes and the theme Milestones – Los Angeles Dance will honor excellence in Los Angles concert dance with the coveted Lester Horton Dance Awards for the twelve categories voted on by the Membership of the DRC for the year 2006 and pay tribute to the special Awardees for:
- Lifetime Achievement *– Andrei Tremaine (Former dancer with Ballet Russe de Monte Carlo, International teacher & choreographer)*
- Gary Bates Service To The Field – Allegra Fuller Snyder (Teacher, dance advocate, dance historian, choreographer, mentor, dancer & film maker) **
- Excellence in Teaching – Alfred Desio (25 years teaching tap at the prestigious Colburn School in downtown LA, Creator of The Colburn Kids Tap Ensemble, creator of ZAPPED TAPS) **
- Furthering The Visibility Of Dance – Ann Haskins (Dance advocate, journalist & dance writer for The LA WEEKLY)
Milestones – Los Angeles Dance will also salute the enduring legacy of Los Angeles concert dance by honoring Greater Los Angeles dance companies that have sustained 25 years or more of continuous professional participation in: performance, leadership and service to the Los Angeles community. These dance companies have created the stepping-stones for the cutting edge choreographers, dancers and companies that make the continually growing Los Angeles dance community unique.
A time for dancers, dance companies, choreographers, musicians, lighting designers and costume designers in Los Angeles to applaud each other for the work presented in 2006. It is the dance party of the year! A not to be missed event by professionals and dance enthusiasts as well!