Body and Soul Dance Concert at The Alex Theatre
* Additional fees apply. No coupon or promo codes necessary to enjoy the displayed discount price.
The last date listed for Body and Soul Dance Concert was Saturday May 27, 2006 / 2:30pm.
Currently at Alex Theatre
- Full Price:
- $27.50 - $60.00
- Our Price:
- $13.75 - $30.00
A living jazz legend, Arturo Sandoval returns to Glendale's historic Alex Theatre for Save the Mu … More
Produced/Directed by Ka-Ron B. Lehman, Artistic Director
Choreography by Los Angeles County High School for the Art’s Distinguished Faculty
- “Klee” an original work of Lester Horton re-staged and directed by Don Martin (an original dancer trained by Mr. Horton/an original company member of the Alvin Ailey Company).
- Original excerpts from the Ballet Paquita staged by Vera Ninkovic, Shanti Harter and Lowell Smith (Dance Theatre Harlem)
- Exciting New Choreographed Works by the extraordinary LACHSA Dance Faculty
*Ka-Ron Brown Lehman
- Amazing Lighting Designs by Diavolo
- Creative costumes…Fascinating music…original choreography and techniques.
LACHSA’s Dance Department’s student Norbert de la Cruz lll will be performing. Students at Grammy Award-winning LACHSA, located on the Cal State Los Angeles Campus, are admitted by audition only from the 81 public school districts that make up LA County. Recently embraced by Times Warner and noted as the premiere Arts High School west of the Mississippi, LACHSA combines conservatory-style Arts training with a college preparatory academic curriculum and is the springboard for Los Angeles’ most gifted students in the arts. LACHSA was named a Grammy Signature School 2006 when receiving the Gold Award by the Grammy Foundation for their exemplary music and arts programs.
About the Ticket Supplier: Los Angeles County High School for the ArtsOpened in 1985, the Los Angeles County High School for the Arts (LACHSA) provides specialized instruction and training in dance, music, theatre and visual arts. Arts High School is a California Distinguished School for academic excellence and a Golden Bell recipient for its outstanding visual arts program. Most recently, the school received the Bravo Award, presented by the Music Center (now the Performing Arts Center of Los Angeles County) for excellence in arts education.
Each year, Arts High graduates are recruited by, and receive scholarships from, the finest arts institutes in the world, including California Institute of the Arts, Pasadena Art Center College of Design, Berklee School of Music, Cooper Union, the Juilliard School, the Tisch School of the Arts (NYU), and the Art Institute of Chicago. Graduates also attend the nation's top private colleges and every University of California and California State University campus.