Celebrate Dance 2008 at the Alex Theatre, Featuring Eight Top Dance Companies
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Celebrate Dance 2008 have expired.
The last date listed for Celebrate Dance 2008 was Saturday March 15, 2008 / 8:00pm.
Currently at Alex Theatre:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Celebrate the grittiness and style of film noir at a beautiful 1925 movie palace -- the historic Alex Theatre in Glendale -- with a double dose of films featuring car chases and gun-toting dames aplenty. In Gun Crazy, a man becomes obsessed with a sharpshooting femme fatale, leading them both down a dark road of armed robbery, car theft and murder. This essential film noir was filmed on location in Los Angeles, including a bank robbery scene shot in nearby Montrose. The Lineup, set in 1958 San Francisco, stars Eli Wallach as the maniacal leader of a gang in mad pursuit of a group of innocent tourists who've had heroin stashed in their luggage. The Lineup was directed by Don Siegel, who would go on to direct such high-profile films as Dirty Harry. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
Seven Los Angeles Premieres! The Debut of BODYTRAFFIC a new Los Angeles contemporary Dance Company! and the restaging of Marie de la Palme’s award winning red silk aerial ballet Le Coeur Illuminé.
Photo: _Motion Tribe _taken by Jack Hartin.
__Celebrate Dance_ is fast becoming a coveted event for dance companies to participate in, as many have received Lester Horton Dance Award nominations and awards from showing their work in this highly produced festival presented by “impresaria” Jamie Nichols._
_This year will be no exception as Executive Producer Nichols raises her “barre” again for Los Angeles dance to be presented at its finest Celebrate Dance 2008 will feature:_
- _ _
- _Bradley Michaud’s Heart stopping! Jaw dropping! Method Contemporary Dance in a world premiere titled _Claudia __ _ _
- _Jennifer Backhaus’ exceptional multiple Lester Horton Dance Award winning contemporary company BackhausDance in Arrive a premiere for Celebrate Dance for eight dancers _ _ _
- _Provocative and highly physical dance drawn from West African and post-modern genres by Baker& Tarpaga Dance Project in a Celebrate Dance premiere with live contemporary African music in Dar Es Salaam which translates as _Land__ of Peace____ _ _
- _Hot urban salsa by Ana Maria Alvarez¹s Contra-Tiempo in Mundo Plastico_, a premiere for Celebrate Dance 2008 _ _
- _Hybrid break’n (break dancing) by the international icon Jacob “Kujo” Lyons’ inspiring Lux Aeterna Dance Company in Metanoia a premiere for Celebrate Dance _ _ _
- _The ever-brilliant Viktor Kabaniaev and Dancers with contemporary ballet from San Francisco in the bewildering solo work Episodes Of… _ _ _
- _The enchanting red silk aerial contemporary ballet, Le Coeur Illuminé restaged for the Alex Theatre and Celebrate Dance by award winning choreographer Marie de la Palme with her company Motion Tribe_ _ _
- _And just recently added to the program! The debut of BodyTraffic a new contemporary Los Angeles company Co-Directed by the gorgeous dancers/choreographers Lillian Barbeito & Tina Finkelman Berkett in a world premiere Da Vinder with live music accompaniment played by Cellist Emily Corwin_