Celebrate Dance 2008 at the Alex Theatre, Featuring Eight Top Dance Companies
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Celebrate Dance 2008 have expired.
The last date listed for Celebrate Dance 2008 was Saturday March 15, 2008 / 8:00pm.
Currently at Alex Theatre:
- Full Price:
- $27.50 - $47.50
- Our Price:
- $13.75 - $23.75
Led by Grammy Award-winning arranger and musician Matt Catingub, the Glendale Pops takes the stage for an evening of jazz-rock fusion. The fun and creative program will put a distinctive Pops spin on songs by Blood Sweat & Tears, Steely Dan and Chicago, and will have you humming and tapping your toes along with the talented orchestra as they play renditions of these recognizable tunes. The Glendale Pops Orchestra has quickly become a prized addition to Southern California music and celebrates their third anniversary in 2014. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- Seven Los Angeles Premieres! The Debut of BODYTRAFFIC a new Los Angeles contemporary Dance Company! and the restaging of Marie de la Palme’s award winning red silk aerial ballet Le Coeur Illuminé.
<p>Photo: Motion Tribe taken by Jack Hartin.
</p> <p></p> <p>Celebrate Dance is fast becoming a coveted event for dance companies to participate in, as many have received Lester Horton Dance Award nominations and awards from showing their work in this highly produced festival presented by “impresaria” Jamie Nichols.</p> <p>This year will be no exception as Executive Producer Nichols raises her “barre” again for Los Angeles dance to be presented at its finest Celebrate Dance 2008 will feature:</p>
- Bradley Michaud’s Heart stopping! Jaw dropping! Method Contemporary Dance in a world premiere titled Claudia
- Jennifer Backhaus’ exceptional multiple Lester Horton Dance Award winning contemporary company BackhausDance in Arrive a premiere for Celebrate Dance for eight dancers
- Provocative and highly physical dance drawn from West African and post-modern genres by Baker& Tarpaga Dance Project in a Celebrate Dance premiere with live contemporary African music in Dar Es Salaam which translates as Land of Peace
- Hot urban salsa by Ana Maria Alvarez¹s Contra-Tiempo in Mundo Plastico, a premiere for Celebrate Dance 2008
- Hybrid break’n (break dancing) by the international icon Jacob “Kujo” Lyons’ inspiring Lux Aeterna Dance Company in Metanoia a premiere for Celebrate Dance
- The ever-brilliant Viktor Kabaniaev and Dancers with contemporary ballet from San Francisco in the bewildering solo work Episodes Of…
- The enchanting red silk aerial contemporary ballet, Le Coeur Illuminé restaged for the Alex Theatre and Celebrate Dance by award winning choreographer Marie de la Palme with her company Motion Tribe
- And just recently added to the program! The debut of BodyTraffic a new contemporary Los Angeles company Co-Directed by the gorgeous dancers/choreographers Lillian Barbeito & Tina Finkelman Berkett in a world premiere Da Vinder with live music accompaniment played by Cellist Emily Corwin