Celebrate Dance 2008 at the Alex Theatre, Featuring Eight Top Dance Companies
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Celebrate Dance 2008 have expired.
The last date listed for Celebrate Dance 2008 was Saturday March 15, 2008 / 8:00pm.
Currently at Alex Theatre:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Experience the life of a Hollywood icon as the historic Alex Theatre hosts Loretta Young's 100th birthday gala. A paragon of grace and beauty, the Oscar- and Emmy-winning actress stole Clark Gable's heart and advanced women's status in entertainment by becoming the longest-running female host of a prime-time television show with The Loretta Young Show. Leading lady of such films as The Farmer's Daughter, The Bishop's Wife and The Stranger, Young shared the screen with such greats as Cary Grant, Orson Welles and Joseph Cotton. Young's son and daughter will be on hand, along with celebrity friends, to take the audience on a journey through the star's life. Movie clips, conversations, testimonies, dramatizations and an exclusive exhibit of Young's famous dresses and cherished possessions will bring this Hollywood legend to life. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- Seven Los Angeles Premieres! The Debut of BODYTRAFFIC a new Los Angeles contemporary Dance Company! and the restaging of Marie de la Palme’s award winning red silk aerial ballet Le Coeur Illuminé.
<p>Photo: Motion Tribe taken by Jack Hartin.
</p> <p></p> <p>Celebrate Dance is fast becoming a coveted event for dance companies to participate in, as many have received Lester Horton Dance Award nominations and awards from showing their work in this highly produced festival presented by “impresaria” Jamie Nichols.</p> <p>This year will be no exception as Executive Producer Nichols raises her “barre” again for Los Angeles dance to be presented at its finest Celebrate Dance 2008 will feature:</p>
- Bradley Michaud’s Heart stopping! Jaw dropping! Method Contemporary Dance in a world premiere titled Claudia
- Jennifer Backhaus’ exceptional multiple Lester Horton Dance Award winning contemporary company BackhausDance in Arrive a premiere for Celebrate Dance for eight dancers
- Provocative and highly physical dance drawn from West African and post-modern genres by Baker& Tarpaga Dance Project in a Celebrate Dance premiere with live contemporary African music in Dar Es Salaam which translates as Land of Peace
- Hot urban salsa by Ana Maria Alvarez¹s Contra-Tiempo in Mundo Plastico, a premiere for Celebrate Dance 2008
- Hybrid break’n (break dancing) by the international icon Jacob “Kujo” Lyons’ inspiring Lux Aeterna Dance Company in Metanoia a premiere for Celebrate Dance
- The ever-brilliant Viktor Kabaniaev and Dancers with contemporary ballet from San Francisco in the bewildering solo work Episodes Of…
- The enchanting red silk aerial contemporary ballet, Le Coeur Illuminé restaged for the Alex Theatre and Celebrate Dance by award winning choreographer Marie de la Palme with her company Motion Tribe
- And just recently added to the program! The debut of BodyTraffic a new contemporary Los Angeles company Co-Directed by the gorgeous dancers/choreographers Lillian Barbeito & Tina Finkelman Berkett in a world premiere Da Vinder with live music accompaniment played by Cellist Emily Corwin