Mozart, Vivaldi, Haydn & More In Glendale Youth Orchestra Concert
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Glendale Youth Orchestra Concert have expired.
The last date listed for Glendale Youth Orchestra Concert was Tuesday June 5, 2007 / 7:30pm.
Currently at Alex Theatre:
- Full Price:
- $27.50 - $47.50
- Our Price:
- $13.75 - $23.75
Led by Grammy Award-winning arranger and musician Matt Catingub, the Glendale Pops takes the stage for an evening of jazz-rock fusion. The fun and creative program will put a distinctive Pops spin on songs by Blood Sweat & Tears, Steely Dan and Chicago, and will have you humming and tapping your toes along with the talented orchestra as they play renditions of these recognizable tunes. The Glendale Pops Orchestra has quickly become a prized addition to Southern California music and celebrates their third anniversary in 2014. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
The evening concert will open with the lovely overture to "The Marriage of Figaro" by Mozart.
This will be followed by a Soloist Spectacular, featuring GYO Soloists:
- Ibert-Flute Concerto (first movement) Carol Joe, flute
- Haydn-Cello Concerto (first movement) Jerry Joo, cello
- Vivaldi-Bassoon Concerto (1st and 3rd movements) Andrew Marlin, bassoon
- Dittersdorf- Double Bass Concerto (first movement) Zachary Price, bass
- Strauss-Oboe Concerto (fourth movement) Amira Polack, oboe
- Strauss-Horn Concerto (first movement) Jon Lusher, French horn
The concert will conclude with Felix Mendelssohn's Symphony No. 1, written when he was only 15, the average age of the remarkable musicians onstage!