Italian Inflections: Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra and Mezzo-Soprano Jennifer Larmore
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Italian Inflections have expired.
The last date listed for Italian Inflections was Saturday September 29, 2007 / 8:00pm.
Currently at Alex Theatre:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Experience the life of a Hollywood icon as the historic Alex Theatre hosts Loretta Young's 100th birthday gala. A paragon of grace and beauty, the Oscar- and Emmy-winning actress stole Clark Gable's heart and advanced women's status in entertainment by becoming the longest-running female host of a prime-time television show with The Loretta Young Show. Leading lady of such films as The Farmer's Daughter, The Bishop's Wife and The Stranger, Young shared the screen with such greats as Cary Grant, Orson Welles and Joseph Cotton. Young's son and daughter will be on hand, along with celebrity friends, to take the audience on a journey through the star's life. Movie clips, conversations, testimonies, dramatizations and an exclusive exhibit of Young's famous dresses and cherished possessions will bring this Hollywood legend to life. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- "(Larmore has) one of opera’s most glorious bel canto voices" - Chicago Sun-Times
- ” An adventurous and charismatic conductor and an intuitive programmer… [Kahane’s presence] is enough to spread sparks.” -Oregon Tribune
Delight in arias sung by celebrated mezzo-soprano Jennifer Larmore and the symphony Schubert wrote under the direct influence of Italian opera. The achingly beautiful lament by Latvian Peteris Vasks provides a moving contrast.
- Rossini Overture from L’Italiana in Algeri
- Rossini Aria “Amici, in ogni evento…Pensa alla patria” from L’italiana in Algeri
- Mozart Aria “Parto, ma tu ben mio” from La clemenza di Tito
- Mozart Aria “Deh, per questo istante solo” from La clemenza di Tito
- Rossini Aria “Una voce poco fa” from Il barbiere di Siviglia
- Vasks Musica Dolorosa
- Schubert Symphony No. 3 in D major
About the Ticket Supplier: Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra
The members of LACO are among the very best musicians in Los Angeles. Most play in film studios, teach and/or perform as soloists with orchestras and chamber ensembles all over the world.