Italian Inflections: Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra and Mezzo-Soprano Jennifer Larmore
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Italian Inflections have expired.
The last date listed for Italian Inflections was Saturday September 29, 2007 / 8:00pm.
Currently at Alex Theatre:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
- SOLD OUT
Chelsea Handler -- the irreverent host of the late night talk show Chelsea Lately and author of books like My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One-Night Stands, Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang and Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea -- sits down to discuss her latest book with Academy Award-winning actress Gwyneth Paltrow. An absurd and hilarious collection of travel essays, Uganda Be Kidding Me finds Handler detailing her exploits while on safari in Africa, attempting to kayak in the Bahamas and escaping from a German hospital on crutches. Following the conversation with Paltrow (which is sure to be filled with over-the-top tales, questionable travel tips and answers to pressing questions), Handler will be signing copies of her book. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- "(Larmore has) one of opera’s most glorious bel canto voices" - Chicago Sun-Times
- ” An adventurous and charismatic conductor and an intuitive programmer… [Kahane’s presence] is enough to spread sparks.” -Oregon Tribune
Delight in arias sung by celebrated mezzo-soprano Jennifer Larmore and the symphony Schubert wrote under the direct influence of Italian opera. The achingly beautiful lament by Latvian Peteris Vasks provides a moving contrast.
- Rossini Overture from L’Italiana in Algeri
- Rossini Aria “Amici, in ogni evento…Pensa alla patria” from L’italiana in Algeri
- Mozart Aria “Parto, ma tu ben mio” from La clemenza di Tito
- Mozart Aria “Deh, per questo istante solo” from La clemenza di Tito
- Rossini Aria “Una voce poco fa” from Il barbiere di Siviglia
- Vasks Musica Dolorosa
- Schubert Symphony No. 3 in D major
About the Ticket Supplier: Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra
The members of LACO are among the very best musicians in Los Angeles. Most play in film studios, teach and/or perform as soloists with orchestras and chamber ensembles all over the world.