Playboy Jazz Festival with Host Bill Cosby at the Hollywood Bowl
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for 32nd Annual Playboy Jazz Festival have expired.
The last date listed for 32nd Annual Playboy Jazz Festival was Sunday June 13, 2010 / 2:00pm - 10:30pm.
Currently at Hollywood Bowl:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Grammy Award winner and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee James Taylor returns to Southern California for this outdoor performance at the Hollywood Bowl. For over 40 years, Taylor has touched the hearts and souls of fans with his warm baritone, fingerstyle guitar playing and introspective songs. Taylor has sold more than 100 million albums, earning gold, platinum and multi-platinum awards for albums from Sweet Baby James in 1970 to October Road in 2002. Most recently, the artist was awarded the Chevalier of the Order of Arts and Letters by the French government and the National Medal of Arts by President Barack Obama. Catch this musical legend in a live performance with his all-star band. Learn More
Avoid parking hassles at the Bowl - use the shuttle or park & ride bus. Call 323-850-2000 for info.info • Feb 23 2013 star this tip starred
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Goldstar Member
view more less of this review
Amazing! Trombone Shorty and his crew were super funky and the crowd was the best bowl crowd ever. It was like Mardi Gras in there, someone handed me an incense and my friend caught beads, jello shots - all kinds of things were flying through the air! It was a blast. Loved the Miles Davis version of MJ's Human Nature
This landmark event continues its rich tradition of featuring the biggest names in jazz, along with future jazz headliners delivering an exciting mix of everything from standards and blues to Latin beats and world fusion. This year’s roster includes the legendary George Benson, Chick Corea, Manhattan Transfer and many more! Also, the spectacular day-and-night big screens that were such a big hit at the past festivals will be back, offering up-close-and-personal coverage of every artist from the very first performance Saturday until the closing number Sunday.
*Saturday, June 12, 2010
2:30pm to 11:00pm*
- Chick Corea Freedom Band with Christian McBride, Roy Haynes, Kenny Garrett
- Sax for Stax featuring Gerald Albright, Jeff Lorber and Kirk Whalum
- Kurt Elling with special guest, Ernie Watts
- Marcus Miller Band with featured guest artist Christian Scott
- Pete Escovedo Orchestra featuring Sheila E., Peter Michael and Juan Escovedo
- The Clayton-Hamilton Jazz Orchestra Salutes Louie Bellson
- Javon Jackson Band with special guest Les McCann
- Naturally 7
- Jake Shimabukuro
- Trombone Shorty and Orleans Avenue
- El Dorado High School under the direction of Richard Watson
*Sunday, June 13, 2010
2:00pm to 10:30pm*
- George Benson
- Manhattan Transfer
- Bobby Hutcherson and Cedar Walton Quartet
- Salif Keita
- Robert Randolph & The Family Band
- Esperanza Spalding
- Irvin Mayfield and the New Orleans Jazz Orchestra
- Tiempo Libre
- Cos of Good Music with Dwayne Burno, Ndugu Chancler, Mark Gross, Jay Hoggard, D.D. Jackson and Ingrid Jensen
- Jazz Mafia’s Brass Bows and Beats
- L.A. All District High School Jazz Band under the direction of Tony White and J.B. Dyas
Line up subject to change without notice.