Crumble (Lay Me Down Justin Timberlake): A Bittersweet Black Comedy
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Crumble (Lay Me Down Justin Timberlake) have expired.
The last date listed for Crumble (Lay Me Down Justin Timberlake) was Friday May 31, 2013 / 8:00pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $80.00 - $89.00
- Our Price:
- $35.00 - $44.50
Peter and the Starcatcher, the multiple Tony Award-winning show that The New York Times called "the most exhilarating storytelling on Broadway in decades," is the swashbuckling, madcap prequel to Peter Pan. A dozen actors play more than 100 characters, combining their acting talent with ingenious stagecraft and an imaginative story to reveal the origins of "the boy who wouldn't grow up." The musical play takes a hilarious romp through the Neverland you never knew in an action-packed adventure that brings pirates, orphans and secret agents of the Queen together on the high seas. Based on the bestselling novel by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson, and written by Rick Elice (Jersey Boys), Peter and the Starcatcher boasts an all-star creative team and weaves an enchanting tale that appeals to both adults and kids. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from keninla
view more less of this review
Rather than "A Bittersweet Black Comedy," a more appropriate description would be "A Cacophonous Assault on the Senses." Shelly Hacco's portrayal of Janice was perhaps the shrillest, most ear-splitting performance in the history of American Theater. My friend who accompanied me to the show summed it up best describing the whole experience as "a punishment."
Quotes & Highlights
- "It was the best play I’ve seen in Los Angeles." --LA Splash
- "Certainly an original piece of work ... an inventive mix of humor, creepiness and the bizarre ... something truly different. The set design by Danny Cistone is fascinatingly askew with clever trap-doors, an innovative multi-level stage and details that reveal the characters' inner turmoil. It’s one of the best designs I’ve seen in a long time. " --Frontiers in LA
- "Crumble is a coming-of-age story about the power of love: love for a celebrity, love for your family, love for your home and love for your own life…Though it’s a bit kooky, the compelling mother-daughter-apartment relationship will keep you on the edge of your seat.” –-Daily Trojan
- “Theatre 68 and director Ronnie Marmo have done an exceptional job at presenting a production that forces its audience to think, to experience, and yes, to understand ... loss. This was not an easy production to direct, I am certain, and Marmo has done so beautifully.” --California Theatre Critic
- "Director Ronnie Marmo keeps the action nicely choreographed over Danny Cistone's sprawling set." --Stage Mage
- “Crumble shows the worst of what grief can do to an already dysfunctional family ... quite stunning ... an amazing dreamscape.” --LA Theatre Critic
About the Ticket Supplier: 68 Cent Crew
The 68 Cent Crew theater company is a community dedicated to assisting actors, writers, directors and producers in the realization of their creative and professional identity through the interpretation of the written word.