Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde: New Adaptation of Classic Tale
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde have expired.
The last date listed for Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde was Saturday November 16, 2013 / 2:30pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
The Lion King, long-time ruler of the Broadway and L.A. box offices, roars back into Hollywood as a limited-engagement treat for the holidays. Tony-winning director Julie Taymor made theatrical history when she transformed the beloved Disney movie into one of the most thrilling spectacles ever to grace the stage, with brilliant puppetry and majestic choreography and costumes. And as impressive as the visuals are, the score is equally thrilling, featuring Elton John and Tim Rice's Oscar-winning song "Can You Feel The Love Tonight?" and "Circle of Life." Indeed, the musical's first appearance on Broadway was more than an impressive debut: Newsweek called it "a landmark event in entertainment." The Pantages became home to the Pridelands for a long and successful run beginning in 2000, and now a new generation has the chance to get swept up in its magic. See it now before it ends on January 12. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Robert Verduzco
view more less of this review
After easily parking near the theatre, Will-call was very convenient and the sales representative was sweet and handed us our tickets. The theatre was quaint but the overall stage production was simple yet felt very appropriate for this show. It resembled the darkness and yet life that the story of Jekyll and Hyde is. The acting was Great especially that of Dr. Jekyll but the others were also very impressive. These are seasoned actors and you can tell. The story was beautifully told. Loved it.
Quotes & Highlights
- "Go! ... [W]ell done, and features a fine ensemble." --LA Weekly
- "never loses its grip on our emotions" --ArtsInLA.com
- "Actors Co-op does it again! ... Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde crosses genres mastering the macabre and mysterious in a mesmerizing manner. ... Under Duprey’s inventive and imaginative direction the cast of six, most of whom play several roles, soars. ... [I]nspired direction and great performances." --Stage and Cinema
- "one of the company's most memorable" --StageSceneLA.com
- "This atmospheric staging of the classic creature story deserves to be a monster hit. ... This is Jekyll and Hyde unlike you’ve ever seen it before -- and it works on every single level." --ActorsEntertainment.com
- "compelling . . . worth the trip!" --StageHappenings.com
Adapted by Jeffrey Hatcher
From Robert Louis Stevenson's novella Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde
Directed by Mary Jo Duprey
Produced by Rhonda Kohl
Stephen Van Dorn
This performance uses smoke. The show is suggested for mature audiences due to intense themes.