World Premiere of Expecting to Fly: Two-Character Relationship Drama at Elephant Theatre
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Expecting to Fly have expired.
The last date listed for Expecting to Fly was Sunday March 25, 2012 / 7:00pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- $60.00 - $95.00
- Our Price:
- $60.00 - $95.00
Hailed as "the best musical of this century" by Ben Brantley of The New York Times and "the funniest musical of all time" by Entertainment Weekly, The Book of Mormon won nine Tony Awards -- including Best Musical -- in its first year on Broadway. Now the national touring production is back at the Pantages for a second round of hilarity. Written by South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone along with Robert Lopez, the Tony-winning co-creator of Avenue Q, this musical comedy is a show that The Daily Show's Jon Stewart has called "a crowning achievement. So good it makes me angry." Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Sammy GreenRed Velvet
view more less of this review
excellent acting specially Justin Mortelliti.......besides that, the story was weak....i dont underestand why any time we see a gay play or gay movie, most of the characters are weird, alcoholic,confused,hopeless, and here too.A lot of acrobatic movements like two monkeys for nothing....it comes to the points that you think that, " is that gay life like that!!??".....i am sorry , i gave 3 stars only for those two guys with difficult and dangerious acting, thats all
Quotes & Highlights
- "Hyman’s dialogue is well-crafted... Scholl makes adventurous use of the intimate space... fearlessly committed work of actors Casey Kringlen and Justin Mortelliti"--<a target="_blank" href="http://www.frontiersla.com/Entertainment/Theater-Reviews/Story.aspx?ID=1647157 "><em>Frontiers</em></a>
- "Outstanding performances, ingenious direction, and sensational design." --<a target="_blank" href="http://www.stagescenela.com/2012/01/expecting-to-fly/ "><em>Stage Scene LA</em></a> (recommended)
- "The performances are outstanding." --<em><a target="_blank" href="http://blogs.laweekly.com/arts/2012/02/dreams_of_the_washer_king_and.php#more ">LA Weekly</a></em>
- "A taut, convincing, carefully calibrated anatomy of a close yet stormy relationship."--<a target="_blank" href="http://www.backstage.com/bso/content_display/reviews/la-theatre-reviews/e3i37902329984903ed42c642c6cd575c36"><em>Back Stage</em></a>
- "Very credible performances in this turbulent and touching love story." --<em>Performing Arts LIVE </em>
- <em>"</em>The script [is] compelling, and the performance award worthy. <em>Expecting to Fly</em> is a difficult production to encounter, but one that should be experienced nonetheless." --<a target="_blank" href="http://voices.yahoo.com/http://voices.yahoo.com/expecting-fly-10954394.html?cat=8">Yahoo Voices</a>
The performance runs 90 minutes with no intermission.