Play Dates: New Comedy by the Co-Creator of Jewtopia
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Play Dates have expired.
The last date listed for Play Dates was Sunday May 1, 2011 / 7:00pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Hailed as "the best musical of this century" by Ben Brantley of The New York Times and "the funniest musical of all time" by Entertainment Weekly, The Book of Mormon won nine Tony Awards -- including Best Musical -- in its first year on Broadway. Now the national touring production is back at the Pantages for a second round of hilarity. Written by South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone along with Robert Lopez, the Tony-winning co-creator of Avenue Q, this musical comedy is a show that The Daily Show's Jon Stewart has called "a crowning achievement. So good it makes me angry." Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- Play Dates got <a target="_blank" href="https://www.goldstar.com/events/hollywood-ca/play-dates.html">great Goldstar reviews</a> in its world premiere at Hollywood's Elephant Theatre.
- "The scene in the bedroom (with another appearance by Bond) is absolutely hilarious. Even as I write these words, I can’t help chuckling to myself!" --<em>latheatrereview.com</em>
- "The excellent cast delivers on all counts and Jennifer Chambers’ minimalist set and direction helps to focus the action on the characters and their antics. This Green Beetle production is easily one of the funniest comedies of the season." --<em>reviewplays.com</em>
- "Playwright Sam Wolfson of the phenomenally successful <em>Jewtopia</em> is just warming up! Delightfully disarming take on the travails of finding and maintaining love." -<em>-Los Angeles Times</em>, Critic's Choice
- "The war between the sexes has never been funnier than it is in <em>Play Dates</em>, Sam Wolfson’s hilarious new comedy!" --<em>Stage Scene L.A.</em>
- "Reaps plenty of laughs, including the slightly embarrassed laughter of recognition." --<em>Backstage</em>
- "The cast is marvelous, with great timing and chemistry!" <em>--Tolucan Times </em>
- Ovation Recommended<em>.</em>
Play Dates is a play all about love, falling in, falling out and everything in between. From the childhood innocence of your first everlasting crush, to the challenge of trying to keep the spark alive after ten years of marriage, to the tortuous single years in between when you think you'll never find anybody, Play Dates hilariously reminds us that love is never easy...and kindergarten is just the beginning.