FELA! Award-Winning Broadway Musical Now in Houston
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for FELA! have expired.
The last date listed for FELA! was Saturday June 9, 2012 / 2:00pm.
Most Popular Theater Event Nearby:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
One of Broadway's most-acclaimed modern hits, Next to Normal won a trio of Tony Awards in 2009, and even took home the esteemed Pulitzer Prize, for its heartbreaking, humorous and unflinchingly authentic look at a modern family struggling with the effects of bipolar disorder. Along with Brian Yorkey's book and lyrics, each character's journey is further punctuated by powerful music from Tom Kitt (Spring Awakening). Featuring 30 original songs, including "Just Another Day," "You Don't Know" and "Superboy and the Invisible Girl," Next to Normal is, in the words of The New York Times, "much more than a feel-good musical; it is a feel-everything musical." Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- Check out the official FELA! website for videos and more.
- Read the stellar Goldstar member reviews for this production's Los Angeles run.
- "The hot (and seriously cool) energy that comes from the musical gospel preached by the title character of FELA! feels as if it could stretch easily to the borders of Manhattan and then across a river or two. There should be dancing in the streets!" --Ben Brantley, The New York Times
- "FELA! Is as rowdy as it is rousing. (It) is one of the most original and exciting shows to come around in a long while." --Daily News
- "There's enough energy in the first act of FELA! to short circuit Con Ed. It spills over from the stage and into the orchestra seats. Boundless and joyous: This is as close as Broadway gets to fully immersive theatre." --New York Post
- "Bill T. Jones's wildly loose-limbed journey into the throbbing heart of Afrobeat breaks bold new ground in musical theatre." --Variety
- “ ... the most exuberant musical I’ve seen this season. ... the fusion of his (Fela’s) sound is rapturously celebrated with a pinwheel parade of pelvises.” --Los Angeles Times
FELA! premiered off-Broadway in September of 2008 and won the Lucille Lortel Award for Best Musical before transferring to Broadway in November 2009 where its accolades included three 2010 Tony Awards including one for Best Choreography. Bill T. Jones also received the Astaire Award for Best Choreographer of the year in addition to this country’s most prestigious award, The Kennedy Center Honors.
This show is recommended for those ages 14 and older, and runs 2 hours and 30 minutes, with a 20-minute intermission.