Grammy-Nominated A Cappella Quartet The Bobs with Rhapsody in Bob
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for The Bobs: Rhapsody in Bob have expired.
The last date listed for The Bobs: Rhapsody in Bob was Saturday April 22, 2006 / 8:00pm.
Currently at Irvine Barclay Theatre:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Although a flute, harp and viola combination may seem odd at first, no other trio proves as enchanting or evocative -- a discovery made by Claude Debussy who wrote one of his best pieces for just such a grouping. Combining the dreaminess of the harp with the emotional precision of the viola and the high notes of the flute, the Myriad Trio has a range of feeling few other ensembles of any size can match. Formed by principal players of the San Diego and Dallas Symphonies, the trio plays traditional pieces as well as world premieres they commission themselves, such as David Bruce's The Eye of Night. During their concert at the Irvine Barclay Theatre, they will play Bruce's piece in addition to stirring works by Respighi, Natra, Bach and Debussy. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- "...a marriage of Barenaked Ladies and Manhattan Transfer...truly off the beaten path..." <em>--Miami Herald</em>
- "The Bobs are like a barbershop quartet gone completely insane." <em>--Eastside Journal, Seattle</em>
- "...endearingly wacky music... an eloquent reminder of just how much fun you can have with the human voice...vocal fireworks..." <em>--launch.com </em>
- "The Bobs don't seem to respect too much at all - and that's just part of their irresistible charm. They bend the boundaries, kick big holes in the fence, then laugh their way right through and drag their fans with them." <em>--The Daily Gazette, Schenectady</em>
- "It's been 20 years since the Bobs began subverting pop with offbeat vocal arrangements, and judging from COASTER there's still no stopping them...the group's ingenuity trumps its endurance...a blend of fresh tunes, road-tested material and cunning harmonies..."<em> --Washington Post</em>
The Bobs are a four-member a capella group known for their incredible live show, witty, tuneful original material and outrageous covers of classic song. They are four dynamic personalities who represent a show that is part theatre, part comedy, part performance art, but most of all a unique evening of music. The Bobs are a “band without instruments” using just their voice and body percussion to fill the theatre with an orchestra of harmonious sound, accompanying themselves on songs that range from soulful to satire, from amazing to moving, from familiar to unimaginable. Together since 1981, The Bobs have sold out venues around the world, released twelve albums, been nominated for a Grammy, appeared on a network television, scored movies, produced commercials, been the musical commentators on National Public Radio and built themselves a legion of adoring fans.