Grammy-Nominated A Cappella Quartet The Bobs with Rhapsody in Bob
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for The Bobs: Rhapsody in Bob have expired.
The last date listed for The Bobs: Rhapsody in Bob was Saturday April 22, 2006 / 8:00pm.
Currently at Irvine Barclay Theatre:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
- $8.50 - $12.00
With a title that alludes to an inciting moment in the creative life of one of the biggest icons in music history, Miles Davis and the Blue Flame Incident celebrates the life and work of one of the most innovative jazz musicians of all time. An exploration of Davis' career, this unique performance combines video clips, voiceovers that brings to life sections of his autobiography, still images and, most importantly, incredible live music courtesy of the Metta Quintet. As the musicians perform a variety of songs that demonstrates the range and imagination of the trumpeter, bandleader and cultural provocateur that was Miles Davis, an inspirational story of the man himself is woven with the supporting media in this not-to-be-missed show. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- "...a marriage of Barenaked Ladies and Manhattan Transfer...truly off the beaten path..." --Miami Herald
- "The Bobs are like a barbershop quartet gone completely insane." --Eastside Journal, Seattle
- "...endearingly wacky music... an eloquent reminder of just how much fun you can have with the human voice...vocal fireworks..." --launch.com
- "The Bobs don't seem to respect too much at all - and that's just part of their irresistible charm. They bend the boundaries, kick big holes in the fence, then laugh their way right through and drag their fans with them." --The Daily Gazette, Schenectady
- "It's been 20 years since the Bobs began subverting pop with offbeat vocal arrangements, and judging from COASTER there's still no stopping them...the group's ingenuity trumps its endurance...a blend of fresh tunes, road-tested material and cunning harmonies..." --Washington Post
The Bobs are a four-member a capella group known for their incredible live show, witty, tuneful original material and outrageous covers of classic song. They are four dynamic personalities who represent a show that is part theatre, part comedy, part performance art, but most of all a unique evening of music. The Bobs are a “band without instruments” using just their voice and body percussion to fill the theatre with an orchestra of harmonious sound, accompanying themselves on songs that range from soulful to satire, from amazing to moving, from familiar to unimaginable. Together since 1981, The Bobs have sold out venues around the world, released twelve albums, been nominated for a Grammy, appeared on a network television, scored movies, produced commercials, been the musical commentators on National Public Radio and built themselves a legion of adoring fans.