Don't Fence Me In: Songs, Music and Poetry of the American West
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Don't Fence Me In: Songs, Music and Poetry of the American West have expired.
The last date listed for Don't Fence Me In: Songs, Music and Poetry of the American West was Monday February 27, 2012 / 8:00pm.
Currently at Mandeville Auditorium:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
- $10.00 - $14.50
Enjoy an evening of Latin American music full of swagger and drama. Maria Guinand, the noted Venezuelan choral conductor, will be conducting Osvaldo Golijov's Oceana, inspired by the poetry of Pablo Neruda, and Heitor Villa-Lobos' Chôros No. 10, based on Brazilian street musicians. The concert will also feature the West Coast premiere of Intrada 1631, based on 17th-century Peruvian chants, and Argentine composer Alberto Ginastera's Malambo. The night offers a veritable tour of Latin America through its various music styles, all of which are invigorating and inspiring. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Goldstar MemberRed Velvet
view more less of this review
Enjoyed the unique music program. For a 8pm start time, it was somewhat too long. Parking was a disaster. After we parked in a lot, we were told we would receive a $60 ticket. After much confusion managed to get to lot and ride shuttle. Missed the first 30 minutes of performance. After the performance had to wait in pouring rain for the shuttle to arrive. No organization. We were 4th in line, but others crowded ahead so we had to wait for the 2nd shuttle. Staff needed to provide some assistance and organization.
star this review starred report as inappropriate
There were five very different types of entertainers. I enjoyed three of them and though the other two were very talented and offered interesting cultural information, I would have preferred to have the other three groups do more.
Quotes & Highlights
- Visit the National Council for the Traditional Art’s <a target="_blank" href="http://www.ncta.net/events/dontfencemein.htm">website</a>.
- Visite Wylie and the Wild West’s <a target="_blank" href="http://www.wyliewebsite.com/">website</a>.
- Visit The Quebe Sisters Band’s <a target="_blank" href="http://www.quebesistersband.com/">website</a>.
- Visit Los Texmaniacs’ <a target="_blank" href="http://www.texmaniacs.com/">website</a>.
- Visit Paul Zarzyski’s <a target="_blank" href="http://www.paulzarzyski.com/">website</a>.