Jekyll & Hyde, Starring American Idol's Constantine Maroulis
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Jekyll & Hyde have expired.
The last date listed for Jekyll & Hyde was Sunday September 30, 2012 / 2:00pm.
Currently at La Mirada Theatre for the Performing Arts:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Join Sid, May, Gabriela and Gerald as they discover the excitement and curiosities of the world in Jim Henson's Sid the Science Kid: Live!, a fun-filled stage production based on the popular PBS Kids television show. The whole family will be cheering and dancing along as Sid and friends set off on a day of adventure, asking curious questions and finding cool answers along the way. Even teacher Susie will be there to keep the music flowing, as the characters interact with the audience, figuring out the world together. Sid the Science Kid: Live! has been created for the stage by the imaginative minds of Michael Lewis and John Tartaglia of the beloved kids' musical ImaginOcean, along with The Jim Henson Company. Learn More
Parking is free in theatre lot.info • Feb 23 2013 star this tip starred
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Madalyn
view more less of this review
I enjoyed the performance overall.
- Maroulis as Jekyll/Hyde did not have as good a voice as Anthony Warlow or Robert Cuccioli (previous Jekyll/Hydes) and seemed to struggle with this very challenging role vocally. That said, his acting was good.
- The Confrontation was a huge disappointment. I love that number because it is one man singing and this production staged the biggest cop-out by recording Hyde's part and having Maroulis only sing Jekyll on stage. Confrontation and I Need to Know were my favorite songs from the previous renditions of the show, but were my least favorite here both because Maroulis was not up to the task and because of staging choices. The Jekyll/Hyde struggles were lost by making the Confrontation a half-recorded piece. I really hope they change that.
- Emma and Lucy were both fantastic. Emma especially was spot on the whole way through. She was easily the best voice in the show. In His Eyes was and awesome song because of these two strong women. Lucy started a little weak vocally and by the time she hit In His Eyes and then A New Life I was sold. Not only that, the lead ladies were great actresses.
- John and Emma's father were also quite good.
- The ensemble was very strong and made Facade and Murder two of the best numbers of the show.
- The staging and the set, in general, blew me away
This show is recommended for ages 13 and up due to some mature content.