New Years Eve Glitz n'Glamour Las Vegas Gala with R&B/Soul Trio Top Shelf
* Additional fees apply.
The last date listed for New Years Eve Glitz n'Glamour Las Vegas was Friday December 31, 2010 / 8:00pm.
Most Popular Music Event Nearby
- Full Price:
- $63.06 - $74.06
- Our Price:
- $48.06 - $59.06
Four-time Grammy winners Boyz II Men have been thrilling fans with their pristine a cappella voca...Learn More
Food right outside the convention can be expensive. There are more affordable options inside the casino, but that is quite a walk. We usually pack a lunch to take with us each day it is more affordable, more convenient, and prevents us from missing guests we would like to see.13th Annual Official Star Trek Convention dining • May 30 2014 star this tip starred
Reviews & Ratings
Featured review from Linda Wong
view more less of this review
Glitz n Glamour was a fun event. The music was great for dancing. Not all items listed on the venue, however, were provided. Turnout was a bit light but perhaps because of limited advertisement. It was great having a more mature crowd. Enjoyable evning.
J’LaChic Productions (JLC) is renowned for hosting some of the San Francisco Bay Area’s most prolifically elegant, entertaining and fun-filled New Year’s Eve celebrations at some of the most iconic historic hotels. J’LaChic is excited to announce it will celebrate the launch of 2011in the world’s entertainment capital – Las Vegas, NV. Attendees from around the world are invited to join JLC to bring in 2011 at its most spectacular New Year’s Eve Gala yet, at the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino. The gala affair will include several rooms of exciting entertainment and activities — from old school to smooth jazz and sizzling salsa to side-splitting comedy and karaoke, headlined by J’LaChic’s 2011 debut production Top Shelf Classics: Harlem Nights to Motown Lights!, written, directed and produced by Trotman & Trotman.
Since 2003, JLC has produced its highly acclaimed musical revues at venues throughout the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond, including a 16-month run at J’LaChic’s Theatre 39 on San Francisco’s famous PIER 39. Top Shelf Classics: Harlem Nights to Motown Lights! is an expanded adaptation of the renowned “Motown Madness” production. From big band beats to dancing in the streets, audiences will be taken on an exciting musical journey through time. Dedicated to celebrating and preserving the rich heritage of rag-time, bebop, jazz, blues, classic soul, and the legendary sounds of days gone by; spans from 1930s big band era through the doo-wop 50’s and political 60’s to the classic soul sound of the 70’s are depicted by a dynamic cast of professional musicians, dancers and vocalists, headlined by veteran R&B/Soul trio Top Shelf. The cast makes frequent costume changes that visually reflect the times. Audiences, young to old, can’t help but snap their fingers, tap their feet, and sing along to the old-school classic beats!
- Glitz n’Glamour Cabaret Show Harlem Nights to Motown Lights! The Party Package kicks off with a unique, captivating, interactive musical performance. From the theatrics of Mae West, to the dynamics of Cab Calloway, take an exciting journey from “Harlem Nights to Motown Lights”! As a tribute to the Classic Soul is depicted in music, songs, dances, and marvelous costumes that reflect the times, the audience is swept away as the entire room becomes a staged choreographed production. Audiences, young to old, can’t help but snap their fingers, tap their feet and sing along!
- Flashback Party Room! ‘70s, __Funk, Soul, Rock n’Roll! Flashback to the 70’s with Funk, Soul, Rock n’Roll. Whether or not you’re a baby-boomer, with Top Shelf Party and Show Band, there will be ‘No Parking on the Dance Floor’! Top Shelf’s Flashback Room is always a favorite for those wanting to party the night away!__
- Smooth Passionate Jazz! Smooth Jazz! Take a moment, sit-back, relax and enjoy passionate, smooth, cool classic, sizzling jazz! With a fiery concert-oriented presentation, J’LaChic’s Smooth Jazz Martini Lounge will be bolstered by renowned national and international musicians and keep the room sizzling all evening!
- Salsa, Merengue and More! J’La Chic’s Sizzling Salsa Shop! Hosted by DJ Ian Silva and featuring Rick Arroyo and the Latin Percussion dance band, get ready for sizzling, sassy, non-stop dancing! On the spot salsa lessons as well as sporadic dance demonstrations will have this room on fire all night long! Dance enthusiasts will blaze the gala with Sizzling Salsa, Meringue & Cha-cha-chá favorites! Winner of the Las Vegas Latin Music Awards, Rick’s lively music is known throughout the valley.
- La’Chic Lounge Mix n’Mingle, Late Night Munchies, Light, Elegant, Sophisticated Fun, Late Night Munchies! Leave it to Top Shelf to provide a Party Delight Menu for the Party people! Located in the Food Court, the Party Menu will consist of personally crated late night lite buffet. Food and drink are not included in the ticket price, but both may be purchased at the cash bar.
- New Year’s Eve Comedy and Karaoke! Bring in the New Year with Comedy Cabaret! Get your laugh on with stand-up comedic artists from around the world. With a variety of styles and subject matter, Comedy Cabaret has become known for offering up a sidesplitting compilation of stand-up from some of America’s hottest comics! Mixing comedy and karaoke together this year, you’re in for a treat! This year’s comedic host, Dennis Gaxiola, is a comedian for all audiences! From the Apollo theatre in New York to clubs, colleges,concerts and churches across the country, Dennis has made them all laugh out loud! TV and DVD projects include: _Paul Rodriguez’s Latin All-Stars, Martin Lawrence Presents First Amendment Stand-Up, TBN’s Christian Comedy Special, BET’s Comic View, Que Locos, Showtime at the Apollo, Latin Kings of Comedy Tour_ and many more.
About the Ticket Supplier: J'LaChic ProductionsWhether searching for an enjoyable evening out, or to retain exciting entertainment for 10 to 10,000 guests; J'LaChic, an entertainment production company, is the source for creative, interactive Bay Area Entertainment. Rotating amongst the trendiest restaurants, lounges, and theatres, J'LaChic presents cabaret dinner shows theatrical productions, musical reviews, concerts, and upscale entertainment for social, corporate, private, or non-profit organizations.
Regardless of the simplicity or magnitude, J'LaChic takes pride in being a customer-centered company that utilizes innovative and creative mechanisms to provide our clients with Chic, Elegant experiences! Focused on producing and/or presenting unique, entertaining experiences through exceptional services and fun-filled productions; J'LaChic specializes in entertainment for any and all of your entertainment needs!