A Bright New Boise: The Obie-Award-Winning Dark Comedy
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for A Bright New Boise have expired.
The last date listed for A Bright New Boise was Sunday January 27, 2013 / 7:00pm (Closing Night).
Currently at Theatre/Theater:
- Full Price:
- Our Price:
Family isn't just the most important thing in life -- it's everything. This powerful play follows the struggles of a family trying to hold on through the teenage years of the two children, a typical daughter and a severely autistic son. Eighteen-year-old Josh throws everything out of balance on a normal day. When a relative comes to visit, everyone loses equilibrium completely as they each try to do what's best for the family while still pursuing what's best for themselves. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- “Drops a terrific surprise early on that hooks you” --Los Angeles Times
- “Dark, droll and ultimately explosive work... Funny, compassionate and disturbing all at once” --Los Angeles Weekly
- "Exemplary production. Thrives on unpredictability" --Backstage
- “The text is exceedingly well-served by this polished production” --Hollywood Reporter
- "LA’s edgiest of cutting-edge theater. Well worth visiting…pitch-perfect performances" --StageSceneLA
- "One word: Bravo. Stunning -- in its form, its approach, its language, and in its nuanced exploration of subject matter. Every performance is genuine.” --Stage & Cinema
- A Bright New Boise is Ovation recommended.
This show is not recommended for children due to adult content and graphic imagery that may be disturbing or offensive to some viewers.