Creditors: Love, Obsession and Revenge in Strindberg's Dark Comedy
* Additional fees apply.
All offers for Creditors have expired.
The last date listed for Creditors was Sunday December 15, 2013 / 2:00pm.
Currently at Odyssey Theatre:
- Full Price:
- $25.00 - $30.00
- Our Price:
- $12.50 - $15.00
Three acting troupes rehearse the same classical passion play at three key moments in history in Passion Play, a clever and highly original comedy-drama from Tony Award-winner and Pulitzer Prize-nominee Sarah Ruhl (In the Next Room, or the vibrator play). Ruhl has been hailed as "one of the brightest new talents to emerge in the theater" by The New York Times, and in Passion Play she weaves a funny and lusty tale of community spirit, individual morality and global politics set in three vastly different historical periods: Queen Elizabeth's England, Hitler's Germany and Reagan's America. Learn More
Reviews & Ratings
Quotes & Highlights
- "Thrilling ... A wild ride through a deadly carnival fun house." --<em><a target="_blank" href="http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/arts/culture/la-et-cm-strinberg-creditors-review20131015,0,4075711.story#axzz2illqBZgx">Los Angeles Times</a></em>
- "Pick of the week" --<em>LA Weekly</em>
- "A sweet shot of extraordinary theatre that will entertain until the very end with eloquent staging and a great script, bound nicely with the superb acting." --<a target="_blank" href="http://www.thelosangelespost.org/creditors-odyssey-review-rose-desena/">The Los Angeles Post</a>
- "Well written, well presented, and well worth your time." --<a target="_blank" href="http://smdp.com/play-time-strindberg-strikes-again/128178">Santa Monica Daily Press</a>
- "A surgically precise yet emotion-rending study in psychological assassination with a touch of dark humor thrown in." --<a target="_blank" href="http://artsinla.com/Theater_Reviews.html">Arts in LA</a>
- "Superb, a razor-sharp drama highlighted by Jack Stehlin's devilishly entertaining performance." --<a target="_blank" href="http://laist.com/2013/10/18/strindberg_creditors_play_review.php">LAist</a>
- "It’s fascinating to watch this Svengali-like Gustav perform what he brazenly calls an 'autopsy on a human soul' ... Trainer’s trio carries out this dark, neo-Darwinian comedy with effortless efficiency." --<a target="_blank" href="http://www.stageandcinema.com/2013/10/21/creditors-odyssey-theatre/">Stage and Cinema</a>